Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm just a little curious, what programs are you all using to make your halloween music/sound effects? I use garage band on my Macbook Pro, but i'd like to get one for the windows side as well. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was awesome. That pretty much fulfills all of my sound effect needs. Now all i'd like is a music producing program. Garage Band can emulate the sounds of a strings group or cathedral organ, but I'd prefer to have a program specifically for those instruments.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Audacity is a pretty good one for free, goldwave is another one,haven't played with goldwave myself though. There a couple simple free ones for mac like wavepad i use on my mac & audacity on windows.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cakewalk's Sonar can work wonders if you couple it with Dimension and Rapture. I think they also have a synth set of studio instruments. There are lots of synth sets out there that can plug into a wide range of audio production software for windows.

Adobe Audition or Soundbooth are fairly easy to use. If you search the internet a bit, you can find free plug-ins for these programs (and others) of user-created synth sets. The quality of these range from extremely amateurish to downright impressive, so it's a hit-and-miss if you're not looking to spend anything (or obtain them legally, anyway).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help. Of course, i DO plan on legally acquiring them. But right now, I, have a few higher priority things right now. See, im making a haunted house, but thanks to your suggestions, i've actually managed to write up some pretty nice sound effect rolls and such. But now im trying to get more props.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.