Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm just a little curious, what programs are you all using to make your halloween music/sound effects? I use garage band on my Macbook Pro, but i'd like to get one for the windows side as well. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was awesome. That pretty much fulfills all of my sound effect needs. Now all i'd like is a music producing program. Garage Band can emulate the sounds of a strings group or cathedral organ, but I'd prefer to have a program specifically for those instruments.

·
Satan's Best Friend
663 Posts
I used Adobe Audition 3.0 for my album.... sound-scape only, no music. It comes with a multitude of samples and music loops that can be mixed however you want. It is for windows.
Two other good audio software programs are Pro Tools and Sound Forge.
Hope this helps.

Cab

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Audacity is a pretty good one for free, goldwave is another one,haven't played with goldwave myself though. There a couple simple free ones for mac like wavepad i use on my mac & audacity on windows.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've used Sony Acid before and was mildly impressed. I'm sure someone with more talent could do a world of wonders with it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cakewalk's Sonar can work wonders if you couple it with Dimension and Rapture. I think they also have a synth set of studio instruments. There are lots of synth sets out there that can plug into a wide range of audio production software for windows.

Adobe Audition or Soundbooth are fairly easy to use. If you search the internet a bit, you can find free plug-ins for these programs (and others) of user-created synth sets. The quality of these range from extremely amateurish to downright impressive, so it's a hit-and-miss if you're not looking to spend anything (or obtain them legally, anyway).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help. Of course, i DO plan on legally acquiring them. But right now, I, have a few higher priority things right now. See, im making a haunted house, but thanks to your suggestions, i've actually managed to write up some pretty nice sound effect rolls and such. But now im trying to get more props.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts