Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I did "Go Pro" 27 years ago. When you placed the word "Dream" in there i began to assume you were asking if people had actual sleepy-dreams they were operating a Haunt?
I have those dreams sometimes. Always very maddening! (Just as an actual Haunt business can be!)
In those bad-haunt dreams way too many potential customers are haranguing me,making my life miserable.
i have had other bad-haunt dreams in which half of my place is an extremely decrepit lean-to-shack, with all the problems associated.
A few times in -dream, it is an old building my Dad tore down 55 years ago (I am 65) He had left it "stand" for my own haunted house (Didn't happen in actuality)
I think your "Warehouse" idea is good. It may free you to have anything you can find in it. Totally non-limiting as compared to almost everything else with some specific definition like words like "Barn" Asylum" Hospital" School" or even "Haunted House".
"Warehouse" might mean "Theme-less" OR "Every-theme!" I see nothing wrong or lacking if this was what happened because when some complain about mixed-monsters, themes and then say the "Decor" wasn't quite right for a certain theme, well how many times Can that ever happen?
I think it usually doesn't happen because most people won't be spending 10 years "gathering" nick-nacks,furniture, ascesories that should be in-place to attempt to span that space from" Here" to" Fantasy-There".
If your Warehouse was a warehouse,maybe numerous wooden crates could replace building walls, and What is inside these crates? Each one could be So different from the next.
You could open and close certain crates to change your show from gory to one for little kids or for just Adults.
We do a little "changing' for certain types of audience by just not turning on certain lights in a certain room.
What I am referring to is simply a mannequin being dressed, because she's supposed to be dressed, then later , some customers have had fun making her un-dressed.
Anything found here considered "Gory" ,.. the person saying this or thinking that about stuff here would have to be from a totally different "world'", by anything resembling common standards now.
Good luck with your Dream!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've always dreamed of going pro too. I know a few people on the forum have gone pro and not liked the experience because it sucks the fun of Halloween, but I'm hoping to be able to take all of their experiences and learn from them so that I can truly enjoy going pro. I'd love to do a series of houses, with Darkhaven Manor being my primary focus. Seeing as I'm only 19 and still in school, my dreams are quite far away. But I plan on starting small and eventually working my way up the chain so I can learn what works, and what does not. Always been inspired by many pro haunts, as well as amateur ones, I've even drawn up a layout of the haunt for fun ;)

IMG_0351.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Not the best and obviously no where near the final layout but just for a little fun :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't know that I really have the dream, but we have a local amusement that I think is missing a huge opportunity by not having one; and I can't help occasionally musing about what I would do with it.

It'd be called The Forest By the Lake (makes sense with the ad campaign in my head). There's a big event hall there that would become the main attraction, a haunted natural history museum. You could also keep the midway open and a small selection of rides--if nothing else, the park has two highly rated dark rides that are conveniently right next to the event hall.

And, because I can't do anything simply even in my idle musings, it would have an additional twist: a secret story that plays out over multiple seasons and is discovered by hidden clues within the haunt, on the website, in media interviews, etc. Think about all the extra stuff associated with the TV show Lost and you get the idea.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Nope, never, not ever. Turning it into a job would absolutely kill it for me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nope, never, not ever. Turning it into a job would absolutely kill it for me.
I would think so too. I read somewhere that the financial aspect becomes the focus, because if you can't pay your actors, rent, bills, etc, you can't play.

I absolutely love outdoor haunts. I love haunted trails, haunted hay rides, haunted mazes. Having a deconstructed outdoor haunted path with a forest setting would be so fun.

I don't think I could handle the business part. If I ever win the lottery I will have a charity outdoor haunt with my millions, but that's a dream and wish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts