Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where to place this So I'll ask here. Are any Vendors going to either TransWorld's International Halloween, Costume & Party Show in Vegas or St. louis this year? If so I have a Product I'd like to talk to you about showing for me.or anyone have a couple of tickets they could share for a buyer? contact me at daddywoofdawg at yahoo dot com

·
Registered
212 Posts
But I don't know anybody :(

That's okay though, I think I'd rather go to one specifically designed for the home haunter. I'm afraid I'd fall in love with some expensive professional prop and mortgage the house to get it ;)
I didn't think about doing that now the wife is really going to kill me. lol:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh, I would so be tempted to make the trip out to Vegas for the show next year if there was a way I could get in... Hint-hint... Nudge-nudge... ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Terra, I agree with Wicc ed, you should go. I think all you have to do is go to the courthouse and get a DBA, doing business as. When I started my internet business they were about 20.00. Then you have a company and can get in. I don't know this for fact but I think we would all like to see you go and see what you come up with......then we can steal all your ideas....hehehe

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I'd love to go to the one in St. Louis but you have to be a credentialed business. Is there a trade show for the home haunter?
We have one here in around Phili PA that's going National - National Haunters Convention that I've been to the last 2 years....I couldn't afford the preshows bus trip this year though that would have been incredible!...They also have Midwest Haunters convention in Colombus Ohio...I haven't been to it but it's huge as well....They toured Scare Factory!!!....That would have been reason enough to go for me but again...Didn't have the money:(....There are several smaller ones gaining steam around the US...Then of course you have the 2 REALLY big ones - Hauntcon and Transworld....ZR

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Getting access to Transworld is easy, just contact anyone who is showing there and ask for an e-vite

As Transworld approaches you will see traders offering e-vites, just take one up on their offer and your in

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
We have one here in around Phili PA that's going National - National Haunters Convention that I've been to the last 2 years....I couldn't afford the preshows bus trip this year though that would have been incredible!...They also have Midwest Haunters convention in Columbus Ohio...I haven't been to it but it's huge as well....They toured Scare Factory!!!....That would have been reason enough to go for me but again...Didn't have the money:(....There are several smaller ones gaining steam around the US...Then of course you have the 2 REALLY big ones - Hauntcon and Transworld....ZR
Now, the Midwest Haunter's convention looks really good and it's made for Home Haunters as well as professional. Here's the site if anyone is interested: Haunted House Convention | Midwest Haunters Convention | Columbus, Ohio The Transworld is appealing because I can drive to St. Louis.

I looked if getting a business license would be good enough. Looks like it's a no. You have to show the following:

If you are an Owner/Operator, you must provide one of the following:

• Copy of your Business License
  • Copy of your Resale Tax Certificate
  • Verification of Tax Exempt Status
AND one of the following:

• Copy of Yellow Pages listing for your business
  • Your business ad from a Trade Publication
  • Copy of your lease agreement for retail business
  • An Imprinted business check or credit card
  • Invoices totaling more than $200 from your suppliers
  • A company catalog
  • A flyer or promotional piece for your business
  • An invitation letter from a current exhibitor
If you are NOT an Owner/Operator, you must provide one of the following:

• Copy of Payroll Check/Stub with your Name and Company Name Imprinted
  • Business Card with your Name and Company Name Imprinted
  • Letter From OWNER/OPERATOR verifying employment
  • Industry Related invoices over $200
  • An invitation letter from a current Exhibitor
But, I like what Phoenix UK is saying. I just have to be patient and look for an invite........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts