Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I was looking around YouTube and came across alot of videos of what appears to be "cameras" or "video cameras" filming Trick 'N Treaters being scared!

I thought ..... Hmmmmmm would like to do this myself and film them at the front door as they arrive.

But I only have a CamCorder (Sony model with tapes) and was going to try and position this discreetly and press record and pray I dont run outta tape.

Is anyone else doing anything similar? Or got their own clips?
This one was quite good !
YouTube - Halloween Chainsaw Scare 2007

Apprecaite any feedback on this, as I am going to have my work cut out this year to get everything done :)
Simon

·
Registered
457 Posts
I set up a video camera in the clown room of our haunt one year... stilly me set the camera behind the pop up clown!!! I wanted to get their reaction to it, but instead got lovely footage of a big orange head! LMAO.. I'll see if I can dig it up. I actually was quite funny.

***found it!*** sorry its extremely poor quality. In '07 our clown room was a black light dot room.
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/crzyJJfan/?action=view&current=NightmareManor2.flv

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Last year i saw lots (similar to the one you posted) of videos on youtube that people recorded of their halloween 07, and really wanted to do my own last year for halloween 08.

Sadly as is with most of us, when it came down to the day i was so busy with other things i forgot.

But definitely going to do it this year.

I plan to do a brief walk round of the haunt (which i did remember to do last year) and then set it up on a tripod near the door i'm thinking.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got alot of pics, and I did take a video last year of a walk around, which if I find, will post later.
So what are you using? Camcorder?

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
We set up our camera in a discreet location making sure that the angle was good enough to capture all the guests coming in. Right before the party started we turned it on and just let it run for an hour. Lots of editing afterwards but was so worth it to see their reactions to the pop up.

We even captured 'non guests' just riding up to the house to see where the thunder and lightning was coming from :)

MsM

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Oh yeah every year I use 2 camcorders...one mini 8 mm and one DVD on tripods. Only problem is neither will convert to the computer for YT so just a few weeks ago I got a small digital camcorder.....kinda like those Flip-it's that has the software build in and is youtube friendly as well as other hosting sites. It was reg. $100 on clearance for $ 30. These flip-it types are what you really need with SW built in for editing (they cost $ 149-$199) Now I can finally enter the YouTube age.....and its about time.....;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts