Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas on making some crows? I am sure it can be done, and I am sure someone has either done it or at least considered it...hell I even thought about trying it myself and posting a tutorial (I still might if no one can provide one). But I figured I might try for some ideas first. Just looking for some average sized, realistic looking crows that you can perch on things to add that extra creepiness to your haunt.

Here's hoping,

Cheers,

DwN

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Anyone have any ideas on making some crows? I am sure it can be done, and I am sure someone has either done it or at least considered it...hell I even thought about trying it myself and posting a tutorial (I still might if no one can provide one). But I figured I might try for some ideas first. Just looking for some average sized, realistic looking crows that you can perch on things to add that extra creepiness to your haunt.

Here's hoping,

Cheers,

DwN

You can get em pretty cheap at Michaels with a coupon

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I realize this is late considering when you first posted, but we bought a box of decent looking crows at the Dollar Tree for - yep, a dollar. They are smaller than the birds at Michaels, but quantity trumped size - we're doing "The Birds" as a theme and are using these, plus cutouts for the walls and ceiling. We bought one set of Martha Stewart crow cutouts which we'll trace and copy to perch around the place.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Last year someone wore a costume that was The Birds themed. It rocked.

She had one of those 1950s looking skirt suits on and had birds all over it with a bit of blood coming out a cut on her head.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
I wish I could have seen the Birds costume. The Doller Tree birds are ok. I got a couple of large ones from Spirit and a lot of small ones from Doller Tree.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
DaveintheGrave....his daughter is going to be Tippi Hedron from The Birds this year. He has some great ideas to make the costume even more realistic. I say the best thing is birds from the Dollar Tree store, a buck a piece & just the right size to be able to attach them to a costume. I bought a bunch of them for my roof!

I'm sure you could make them but I would wonder how to get the head of the bird. I would use styrofoam but feathers can be costly in one color. BUT if you found someone to teach this I surely would be interested cause ya never can have enough birds!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Shhh, Muffy! That's supposed to be a secret! :)
I'll definitely post pics when it's done. I've been working on it..... Most of the birds we bought don't have wings, so I'm making them. I've got feathers EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I saw that birds costume on Rosanne years and years ago. They used to do some cool Halloween stuff on the show. It was Rosanne that I first saw elaborately carved pumpkins too! :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
crows are unusually expensive for some reason. but i saw some at Rite-Aid recently that were really cheap. check that store out if it is near you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts