Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
If I may attempt to answer....Hot Wire Foam Factory sells a wire Compound Bow knife good for BIG CUTS, but the biggest work horse is Hot Wire Foams industrial knife, Demand Products sells a similar knife, I would recommend both and there is a knife similar to those on ebay sold directly from china.
Moving down in price is the Tippi (big in the railroad modeling world) and the next price down would be Hot Wire Foams "wire" knives.
I own all of the above (except the direct from china) along with the Harbor Freight's knife, the only one that disappointed, wish I had saved the money.
I'm a tool junky.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Thanks for the post Jersey! I'm going to try the Woodland Scenics Hot Wire Foam Cutter. Amazon has it for $30, including prime shipping. I want to make a background using foam core insulation and scrap white foam for a mermaid scene this year. Basically a pile of underwater rocks... For thirty bucks, I think I can chance the wire cutter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I do a lot of work with foam and have used this knife a lot. Does a nice job on rough big cuts. I tend to use wire foam cutters and smaller irons for detail work.
I prefer most of the items from Hot Wire Foam Factory. However for the price this is a nice product. Harbor Freight has it for $20 online and I've gotten at the store for closer to $15.

http://www.harborfreight.com/130-watt-heavy-duty-hot-knife-60313.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts