Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have what might have been a "REAL" ghostly experience during a haunt?

My video of last year's haunt isn't very good. Half the stuff wasn't ready, but I was on a time crunch and wanted some kind of video before I got too busy. Well we've been watching this over and over and between the 30 and 38 second mark, there's an unexplained voice saying..
"I'll be good." Also, the clown was my son and he stayed behind me the whole time during the walk through, but the motion activated witch continues to go off for no reason. She wasn't sensitive either, you really had to get in front of her to go off. I thought you'd folks like to see this and then tell me how crazy I am. LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts
We have a member here that runs an actually haunted house, I'm sure he'll stop by.

I, myself stopped putting any stock into EVP's the day I experienced voices coming from a mostly abandoned warehouse at work. Tracking it down, I found an old megaphone in a box talking. When I dug it out, it would only talk when I pulled the trigger. I replaced the batteries and started wandering around as the voices would become clearer in certain areas, but I couldn't ever really make out what they were saying. I eventually found a pole in the building whereby, when I out the megaphone on it, the damn thing was picking up an AM talk station. Why? How? Why that day and no other? Don't know, but I've come to question any EVP as just electronic devices picking up random crap in the air.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a member here that runs an actually haunted house, I'm sure he'll stop by.

I, myself stopped putting any stock into EVP's the day I experienced voices coming from a mostly abandoned warehouse at work. Tracking it down, I found an old megaphone in a box talking. When I dug it out, it would only talk when I pulled the trigger. I replaced the batteries and started wandering around as the voices would become clearer in certain areas, but I couldn't ever really make out what they were saying. I eventually found a pole in the building whereby, when I out the megaphone on it, the damn thing was picking up an AM talk station. Why? How? Why that day and no other? Don't know, but I've come to question any EVP as just electronic devices picking up random crap in the air.
That's wild. And yes, that could very well be the case. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts
For the record, that warehouse was actually haunted, though 98% of the ghost stories people tell about it were me messing with them.

Mercilessly making noises and messing with lights, half the cobwebs were spray webbing, little breeze from over there could make them waft just so you picked up the movement from the corner of your eye when "no one was there" and "nothing to make that breeze". I had a control board and a hidden fan, I didn't need to be back there...LOL.

Sure, I would experience random noises and this and that, but I rarely put stock in that, and could usually find a cause.

The only thing I REALLY experienced there I have no explaination for was a picture that something REALLY didn't like on the wall. We kept finding it 6 ft from the wall in the morning, not just fallen off, but in the middle of the room and once heard it happen with us nearby, just a bang, no sliding or anything. That's when my co-worker got real freaked an insisted we lock it up. I didn't have a video camera at the time or I would have protested.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the record, that warehouse was actually haunted, though 98% of the ghost stories people tell about it were me messing with them.

Mercilessly making noises and messing with lights, half the cobwebs were spray webbing, little breeze from over there could make them waft just so you picked up the movement from the corner of your eye when "no one was there" and "nothing to make that breeze". I had a control board and a hidden fan, I didn't need to be back there...LOL.

Sure, I would experience random noises and this and that, but I rarely put stock in that, and could usually find a cause.

The only thing I REALLY experienced there I have no explaination for was a picture that something REALLY didn't like on the wall. We kept finding it 6 ft from the wall in the morning, not just fallen off, but in the middle of the room and once heard it happen with us nearby, just a bang, no sliding or anything. That's when my co-worker got real freaked an insisted we lock it up. I didn't have a video camera at the time or I would have protested.
This is fun to talk about on this board. We all play at it, but to find out who might actually experience something is fascinating. I have so many stories I can't count them all. I don't claim to be a believer, but open minded about it? Absolutely.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
If certain metallic fillings happen to be in your teeth and an acidic situation happens just right,your mouth might be able to broadcast a local radio station. This happened to Lucille Ball as she was driving passed a radio station,of course she thought she was going nuts!
There are several viable theories around as to how and why a place might be "Haunted".
Fortunately most of the time those things seem to not follow the old Hollywood or Shakespeare lines of wrongful death and revenge and aggressive behavior.
One Haunt in an old school had a sheet-maze,like a clothes line. A distinctive man worked that part for a few seasons,then he passed away.
That next season after closing as two employees were checking out a strange sound in the Sheet-Maze room they bent down to look under their sheet "walls" to see a pair of legs and feet that seemed to have belonged to the recently deceased ,because he was very short and also because he had a very distinctive laugh that,they had heard.
Click "Forum" scroll way down see the Supernatural header and have a "read".(Or two?) Corrected the "word" you are seeking is "Paranormal" in the heading.downstream in the form listings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts