Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering hosting my Halloween party on Nov 2nd this year. Anyone ever do it afterwards? I only have the option of Oct 12th open to me and I don't think I can be ready by then. I am doing a marathon on Oct 6th and a half marathon on Oct 26th (both about 6 hour drives away) (poor planning on my part I admit) and my close friend is hosting her party on the 19th soooooo that only leaves me the 12th of October or Nov 2nd. I prefer the Nov 2nd idea for my sanity.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Our party is actually Nov 9th because our friends have too many commitments the 2 weekends before. Of course we are in Australia and most people are unsure when Halloween really is. The only trouble for us is it is starting to get pretty warm by then for people in costume. I was thinking it might be getting pretty cold for you in the northern hemisphere. Is your party outside?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've never held a Halloween party after the 31st but I did attend a couple and it just felt weird going out in costume after the fact. Not that I didn't have a blast, it just initially felt weird. After a few drinks the weirdness kind of went away though. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've never done it, but a gal I work with's family has an annual gathering that they had after Halloween a few years back. They said the turnout was considerably smaller, and no doubt it was due to the date since other people were partied out by that time.

At the same time, I feel like the 12 is way too early. Not enough time for you or for your guests to get a costume.

Given your choices, I'd say the 2nd is your best option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having my Halloween Party on Nov 2... I even thrown it the week before Thanksgiving. This year it's a belated Day of the Dead party & I'm encouraging guest to show in their best mourning attire, I can't wait to see how that is interrupted.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,361 Posts
In 2008 as I recall, the 31st fell on a Friday night and it seemed it would be too rough to get home from work, manage the TOTers from 6-8 pm and then move right into our party -- all on the same night.

SO we opted to have the adult party the next night - on November 1st. It was still fine as the other community events/restaurants/bars/concerts also were promoted for that weekend as well.

Same situation will occur next year - 2014.

·
Registered
408 Posts
We are also hosting our party on the 2nd as well. It was mostly logistics for us as both my hubby and I work the weekends before halloween.
Also it seems like our friends weren't all the keen on the idea of a Thursday night party. Although that could be as Wizard said, Halloween isn't all the big in Australia. But we're working on it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts