Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever done a medieval knight theme for their haunt?
Would love to see some pics of you props, especially any battling knights.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
I don't know about battling knights specifically but I know for sure that I've seen some fabulous castle builds shared on here. Some with drawbridges etc. Kind of a slow time right now here on the forum. Apart from any responses with photos, I'd definitely suggest a search by Castle, Medieval and Knight.

I kind of have some preliminary things for a castle/knight setting like costumes which were bought after season and then there are 3 plaster-like faces that Grandinroad sold a few years back. I've seen them listed on eBay recently btw but a DIY face mold could also work to do something similar. The faces got me to thinking about a cemetery scene near a castle with the faces incorporated into the top of a stone sarcophagus for the dead "knights". Sort of like this....

As far as castle facades go here's a couple of amazing over-the-top inspirational medieval castle set ups:
First one by keithcorcoran and his wife in this thread for Maleficent: http://www.halloweenforum.com/hallo...ent-castle-entrance-throne-garage-facade.html
Then there's the Boo Crew's medieval castle: http://www.halloweenforum.com/hallo...medievalcastle-facade-home-haunted-house.html
I can't locate the castle with the drawbridge that I wanted to show you. Sure it's on here somewhere.

If you were fortunate to pick up the full size Skeleton Horse prop from Home Depot this past year, he'd make a great knight's horse. Really can't recall seeing any knight props that I can recall.

·
Evil Wizard
2,169 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow!
That is the best haunted castle set up I've ever seen.
Thanks for sharing those great pics.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
65Ace, the photos Cyberhaunt posted are of Boo Crew's castle I mentioned above. Believe it or not the owners house is hidden inside of it :D. I haven't seen many photos of the Castle but a local news channel covered it. Didn't notice any other "knights" in the footage but it will give you an idea of some of the interior.

Cyberhaunt, see you live in the area. Any chance you have more photos of it?

Here's two other video showing different areas of the castle. Surprised this guy's videos haven't had many eyes on them. The first one is done at night, the second one during the day.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Look up art from the Dark Souls and Demon Souls Games. A lot of the enemies are knights and most of the areas are medieval castle and city based.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Guess I haven't checked in for awhile. This Thread is a few days old, Just Thought I'd jump in and add my two cents. My wife and I have always had grand plans to do a castle theme. Wont be happening this year just got the wife a new car (new to us) so budget is an issue with another car payment. Anyway I digress, Through the years I have added all kinds of things to My Favorites list, Amazon cart, and collected links for this theme. There is one Item that I think Pushes this Theme over the top and, That's a moat. LOL, Before you start digging up the Yard !!! Here is a you tube link to one that someone did back in 2011. I would love to get the details of how they did it but it gives a really neat effect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etRHuCy4kN4&list=PLZEw_s5kHT8UjGuH1d8O5-UYTRv87_8KM
Hope this works I don't always have the best luck with these links sometimes.
Good Luck with what ever you decide to do and keep us posted on your progress. :)

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
What's a castle without a moat! Nice feature if you can add one. I looked at the video Machiavellian and my guess would be that they created a slight wall or support of some kind that would allow something like plexiglass to lay on top of it. Underneath did their lighting, added faux rocks coming out of the molten moat and piped in low lying fog over or around the surface to look like steam. Agree what they did looks pretty good.

At first I was thinking maybe it was a man-made pond of sorts which I have seen haunters here do for some bayou or pirate ship settings. But upon closer look at the video definitely don't think any water was involved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts