Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really am not all that handy and came across this website that sells complete FCG kits. I know most of you make your own, but wondered if anyone ever bought from them and what the product is like as well as their service.
Thanks for any info you can give.

Welcome to Department 1031

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
I seriously would consider making your own. If you get a motor, fishing line a pulley you have a FCG. You don't have to make it with a mechanism for the hands. All you have to do is string them up so they are stationary. If you are OK with spending $250 dollars on this then by all means do it. But, following the many instructions on here you could easily build one for a lot less. I got a reindeer motor off of Craigslist for free(I since changed that motor to a rotisserie motor I got for free on Craigslist). I used fishing line and a pulley I had. I got a Styrofoam wig head for $3. White cloth I got for $5 at the thrift store. That is a grand total of $8. I have minimal mechanical knowledge and built mine before I ever knew this site existed. Plus when you get done and it is working their is a sense of pride that you can't put a price tag on. Plus if you give it a shot and decide you can't do it yourself you would only be out a few bucks. Plus with this one you mentioned you still have to buy black lights. Good luck either way, a FCG is a great addition to any haunt!

·
crossfit zombie
7,580 Posts
I bought my rig from pugsley on this forum(wonderful rig) and the ghost from ebay.I love the looks of the shade ghost on this site she looks cool!
I choose to buy from another source because my hubby had already commited alot of time to building alot of props for me and I cringed at asking him to build another.I think pugsley charged around 100 or so but no ghost.Worth the price for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts