Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wee bit Wicked
2,143 Posts
I've been wondering if our Friday night football will affect our ToTer turnout. :eek: (who knows...For all I know the football season could be over here. :D)
But, my haunt has been up for 2 weeks... tired of looking at it & ready to start building for next time. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
My town is having tot tonight due to a dumb high school football game on Friday. Only one other town around here is having tot tonight. We are thinking that we will have kids from other towns tonight.

I realize high school football is big business in some areas, but today? Really? Might as well put it on Saturday (either last week or Nov 1) if you gotta move it. Bet you get kids on Friday as well.

Generally, if Halloween is on Sunday here, it's moved to Saturday. I still get a few kids on Sunday, though. (not many, but a few)

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,101 Posts
Ours is still scheduled for Friday, even though both HS have playoff games. (The younger one has to play in the pep band for it & they're calling for below freezing temps D: ; hopefully they get to go home at halftime) . Our uptown businesses do have TOT on Thurs. & hopefully won't get rained out, but normally the town itself doesn't change it for anything.

ETA: Glad you had a good turnout!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The last time Halloween landed on a Sat. night, the two towns with collage football teams both moved toting. Stillwater (OSU) moved it to Thur. night. Norman, (OU) moved it to Fri. night. And OK City left it on Sat. night. So if your parents were really nice, you could have toted for three nights in a row. That doesn't happen to often.

·
Registered
383 Posts
They just had a news story on. Basically telling people to be careful, since Halloween falls on Friday,and a majority of towns are still doing ToT then, plus football games, plus idiots who go out drinking after work Fri. A few towns did move the day, but the majority are sticking with Friday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts