Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
70% Chance of rain pretty much all day tomorrow! I'm bummed, just can't catch a break again this year!:mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chaserbug, here in Florida the weather should be good except for wind. Chance of rain 10% but cold front moving in so winds maybe 10-20. That will suck for my smoke machine. Can't have everything perfect I guess......Happy Halloween!!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am trying to get my husband to put up our large party tent in our driveway so I can still set up somewhat.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Just waiting for the snow to melt here. Got a good dump on Sunday, but hopefully we should be cleared and dry for the big night. On the plus side, it made my tombstones look pretty good! LOL :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alabny Ny here we're not gonna be much better. This sucks!!!! This is my first year having a house and being able to put up decorations I dont have to worry about being stolen.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
We're going to just get under the wire as far as rain is concerned; the rain should start around 9 or 10 pm. Our forecast is for warm and breezy. Hopefully the breezy part will subside by ToT time, or my ground fog may be a bust :confused:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Alabny Ny here we're not gonna be much better. This sucks!!!! This is my first year having a house and being able to put up decorations I dont have to worry about being stolen.
Welcome to NY, and lots of luck with the new house. A new home is always a thrilling experience. However when it comes to weather in NY for Halloween, I am not going to sugarcoat it, I been holding a display here on Long Island since 2009 and since then there has only been ONE nice calm night:

2009, 2010 were both plagued with high winds and I couldn't put out my lighter props.
2011 we DID have some snow on the ground in the morning, but the evening turned out great.
2012 Surprise! A HURRICANE! which took out the power to the house.
2013 So far it looks to be rain late in the evening...but we will see.

Hopefully that new home of yours has a nice garage or front porch for you to set up on. I been longing for those amenities for a while now. I even told my wife that the next house we get MUST have either a porch or two car garage, preferably both. But until that time comes, I am thinking this might be the last year I am going to put on a display with the exception of some lights and other decorations that can withstand the rain and high winds we get here. There is just too much planning that goes into my display, as small as it is, and then to have a monkey wrench thrown into those plans for that one day. It just happens too often that we get bad weather here.

Sorry to sound discouraging especially since you want to decorate your new home for Halloween. All I am saying is that you will be needing some kind of covor for your decorations and/or buy/build them to handle the high winds and rain you will be seeing around this time of year.

Again, good luck with the new house.

Geo

·
Registered
289 Posts
Looks like it. Expecting rain and storms. Guess I won't need my FireFly this year. Could have the real thing.

Speaking of rain. I've been seeing these adds for Rust-Oleum NeverWet. Has anyone started using it on their props?

·
Registered
172 Posts
We are supposed to get heavy rain and storms tonight and chance of rain and storms tomorrow morning, but it should be clearing out by the evening. I hope so! I'm also hoping everything holds up to the storms tonight. I took down all the lighting last weekend after a storm, so I am waiting to put it back out until tomorrow.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I live in a area where it always rains . They are calling for just fog - something is definitely not right ;)
Fog???? Wow, that WILL be great if you get that. Other than a clear calm night, foggy tops the list for a nice spooky night for Halloween.

While it doesn't always rain here for Halloween, we always get 'some' kind of storm whether it be wind, rain, snow, and the occasional hurricane here and there. Given our odds it seems like having 1 out of 4 Halloweens with good weather are pretty crappy odds. Also that one good day we had SNOW in the morning, but luckily it wasn't much and it all melted by the time TOTs came out. The rest of that night turned out great.

But I am seriously thinking about doing something else for Halloween next year. These odds are just too bad here. It is just a real crap shoot just to get a good night for Halloween.

Well, I am off to go to my display and see if I make some changes to make the display more rain-proof. Hopefully the weather prediction sticks and the heavy rains do not come until late night.

This probably will be my last post in this thread for now, but I will report back after Halloween

So until then hopefully everyone will have a good, safe and Happy Halloween!

Geo

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Well our forecast is saying 100% chance of precipitation all day long...... But I'm looking on the positive side..... they say "chance of" and not "guaranteed"

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm just a little north of you chaserbug & it sure doesn't look good for tomorrow. I'll be setting the props up in the rain it looks like. Not sure how that will affect the # of TOTers but we'll see had about 450 last year.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Usually in NM we are blessed with GREAT weather in Oct, ave 68, little wind BUT................

This year has well, SUCKED!

WINDY, today again, and RAIN, no rain, ugh............Weather channel says clear no rain and about 6 mph on the wind.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Here/s hoping!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Our big day was at the lake last weekend, Friday night went pretty good. But we was only able to get about two hours of scaring in on Sat night, it has been rainy here in the DFW area all week, but just watched the news and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate tomorrow night here at the house.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts