Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten a few old secondhand dolls my daughter wants me to turn into dolls that resemble those Krypt Kiddies and living dead dolls...blue vampire baby doll, etc. Anyone else ever re-paint plastic dolls and if so what did you use? I've heard using thin but mulitiple layers of regular acrylic will work but even sealed will this chip off? I also have one rather ugly porcelin doll I like to paint...do I need special glass paint or will acrylics work on this one as well? Any info would be great!! Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
i've never actually given a doll a make over LOL, but i've played with acrylics some.
make sure to use a primer that will work on whatever surface the doll is made of and then paint away (the primer will make sure the paint adheres better with less peeling later.
Once it's dry go over it with a sealer that works with acrylics (sometimes the sealer if it's not compatible with the paint it will make a bit of a crackle effect) and make sure you cover all the edges where it may catch on something and peel away...or you could even rub off some of the paint in places to make them have that lived in/old look then seal it well...have fun, and hope this helps!!:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here are a few of the dolls that I have redone to fit into my haunt. Just used Dollar tree dolls and used acrylic craft paints. Maybe you can try something like this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts