Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to share my new favorite Halloween book by Neil Gaiman - The Graveyard Book! I downloaded the audio version from Audible.com and it's just a wonderful wonderful spooky, scary book -- the author narrates it himself and just has such a wonderful spooky voice, in between each chapter they play "The Danse Macabre" which I thought was so wonderful -- Anyway, I'm probably the last person to read it, but I just wanted to share it here since this forum is so appropriate for it!! Here's a link to a web site where he actually reads parts of the book. AND they've just finished a movie version! I can't wait!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm glad you posted this. I really enjoyed the book, and I'm 37 years old :) I have never listened to an audio book, but may just have to check this one out. Thanks!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful book- I was going to ask if it was a childrens' or adults book, but Neil answered that himself in the link. He does have a great voice for narration, too!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Strange but I haven't even read it yet, but I absolutely love the premise!!! What I do know though is that Neil Gaiman's working on making it into a full-on live-action movie.

I hope they do a good job... would be a shame if it wasn't.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops -- I was wrong about the movie version -- they haven't started making it yet, although they have chosen a director . . .

I'm not much of a reader but I'll give it a try since I am trying to read more.
It's a very easy read -- although I didn't actually read it, I listened to the audio version -- it was the first book I've actually enjoyed listening to more than I would enjoy reading it -- I usually don't like audiobooks at all but this one was very different, due to Neil's amazing narrating and the music between each chapter . . . it was just so much fun to listen to!

2,442 Posts
My sons love it, they're currently listening to the Audio Book version at bedtime. Then they go back to reading Terry Pratchett they love his stuff..think they've read them all 4 times over!

I was reading that the movie version of the graveyard books coming out in 2011.

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
What ages would you think are appropriate for this book. I looked it up online and it looks really interesting. I would like to buy it for my 9 year old daughter...

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
To tell you the truth I have never herd of this untill now. thanks for getting me into it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts