Halloween Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
We lost May to 28 days of rain so I got zero things done outside like weeding, raking, cleaning up, planting annuals & planting a garden. We've been in our house 13 years now & we've had a garden every year until this one. By the time we could've tilled, gotten it covered properly, & planted it would've been well into June & that was just too late for both of us. So all our outdoor stuff is getting done now but not very well since it's 90°+ & 70% humidity.

But the bright spot is that I went into the untilled garden & found 5 sugar baby watermelon plants that bloomed from last year's crop that didn't get picked quickly enough! FIVE!! Plus a couple squash or cantaloupe plants (not sure which & didn't examine them closely) & some radishes!!

So things will work out, just skip the big Halloween stuff for now & work on the other junk for a while.

I really don't get into it until around now when we get Halloween creeping into stores here & there. Then I'm ready to start really thinking about it even though I'm here all year long. From about Nov.-March I'm busy with the "other" holiday, Thanksgiving, & my birthday in March. I just need that break to not think about it since I don't do a giant display or go with a different theme every year since my theme is generally "Halloween."

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Same here hate to say. We went from cold and rainy all spring/early summer to desert heat overnight. I feel for those of you in the Southern states. I'm sure your more accustomed but I just cannot get the energy to work outside when it's hovering in the 90's. I'm way behind to mildly put it and am thinking I will have to put quite a few things on hold this year. It is what it is I guess. I try to rationalize that Mother Nature has been good to us 2 Halloweens in a row and knock on wood but I fear we are due. What's odd is both years we've had horrible wind on Nov. 1 but calm and decent temps Halloween night. Luckily I grabbed a lot of the 1 night stuff and put it away but did get some damage in early am of a building I left out. I do extensive indoor decorating as well mainly for myself and am spending a lot of time working on that stuff instead.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can't sustain the Halloween spirit for more than a couple of months. I start haunting this forum around July, but I have to hold off on actually making/planning until September. Past experience has taught me that if I do things sooner than that, I lose interest before Oct. 31st.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The wife keeps giving me a countdown until Labor Day weekend when we set ours all up. Yes it has gotten hot and humid here and i have no ambition to work in the garage. Luckily i got all my big projects done earlier in the year, but, I still have quite a bit to get done. I know i will get that itch again and get back to it and all will be great. My wife would love to help more but as she says "You have this Idea in your head and you cant explain it to me the right way, but i always know that you will make it better than i thought and it will be great." She gives me the ideas of what she wants and i am the one that makes her imagination into reality so it works out well. Just have to get my Halloween Groove thing back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't know whether it's the hot weather or that I have way too many outdoor house projects that need to be completed that's stolen my Halloween spirit, but I came to a complete stop with my builds. I'm struggling to get back into the spirit and plan the rest of my builds. I really think it's the distraction of everything else that's to blame. I see the countdown (today marks 112 days left) and it ignites anxiety! Anyone else feeling this way? :(

I'm on vacation this week and may dedicate the week to getting all the outdoor stuff done so that I can use the remainder of the summer to focus on Halloween. Ugh! So frustrating!
I know what you mean. Ugh.
:(
I blame the new Ghostbusters movie.

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I can't sustain the Halloween spirit for more than a couple of months. I start haunting this forum around July, but I have to hold off on actually making/planning until September. Past experience has taught me that if I do things sooner than that, I lose interest before Oct. 31st.
I think I've been doing this for so long, I've perhaps burnt myself out. I think I may follow your philosophy next year!

·
crossfit zombie
7,452 Posts
Had to take a break from all out Halloween for around 2 years.Just recently got back into coming to the forum.I still did a haunt those two years but it wasn't my normal effort.
It had nothing to do with Halloween it was all about getting my life in order.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I feel like my Halloween mojo is starting to come back a bit. Thank you to everyone that's responded in this thread, it's helped a lot in terms of me not feeling like I'm the only one.

I spent all weekend cleaning up my basement and re-organizing everything and then did the same today out in my shed/workshop. I think that helped a lot because the last time I was working on builds, everything was so scattered all over the place - stuff piled on top of other stuff. Now it's like a clean slate so I can breathe a lot easier.

I decided to wait on some of the outdoor projects until the cooler weather returns because it's just too damn hot out there to do anything. The same goes for my bigger Halloween builds. In the meantime, I'll work on my swaying zombie to see if I can get the Shiatsu to cooperate and make him sway, otherwise he'll be static this year - which I'm okay with.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts