Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying not to rush the next couple of days but I can't help but be excited about Nov 1 for one reason.... Halloween CLEARANCE! :D

Last year was the first time EVER I had Nov 1 off of work and I had such a blast bargain hunting all the halloween goodies. I'm starting to formulate my plan of attack for this year.... Just me????

·
Registered
36 Posts
Some of my stores are already doing 50% off and I have bought a few little things but YES, always excited to do the day after especially at Spirit Halloween stores.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Me too! I already have at least two props and three costumes I want to start making right away!

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Not this year. :( This is our first year of being completely self-employed and with winter coming there's not a lot of extra money floating around. If I can catch the Brutus Bonez on clearance at CVS, I'll likely grab him, but locally there's not much I really like. :(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Are you kidding? Excited about Black Friday (our version... the day after Halloween... Orange Friday, maybe?) Completely! Since Halloween is on a Saturday, has anyone heard if Spirit and Halloween City are going to go 50% off on 11/1, or wait until the 2nd when the weekend is over?

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Didn't see anything this year that really looked like bothering to own. Disappointed this year with the Halloween merchandise.

·
Registered
371 Posts
So I'm trying not to rush the next couple of days but I can't help but be excited about Nov 1 for one reason.... Halloween CLEARANCE! :D

Last year was the first time EVER I had Nov 1 off of work and I had such a blast bargain hunting all the halloween goodies. I'm starting to formulate my plan of attack for this year.... Just me????
I've seen a couple places with Halloween stuff on sale already, but nothing I couldn't live without. I guess the best place for me is Wal-Mart. I work right by it and stop in regularly, so I'll be picking up some cheap stuff for sure.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Payday is on the 30th (my birthday, awesome present!) and then I'm celebrating Halloween at Busch Gardens. Then Halloween clearance on the first! Perfect timing :D I just have to make sure I don't go crazy with all these sales...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Heck yeah! Hitting up Spirit Halloween for a few more Atmosfearfx DVD's- own 5 already and have 4 projectors- but out of all my yard haunt items- they always get the most ohhhs and ahhhs!

·
Registered
902 Posts
For the 1st year, no, I've got to get rid of some stuff before I can buy anything else, I just don't have the room, and when Halloween is over I want to put everything away and not be tripping over it all year...

·
Registered
668 Posts
My local spirit store would be the only place worth looking. Everyone else didn't have much even at the height of selling season. My local spirit also doesn't include the atmosfx dvds in their clearance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My local spirit store would be the only place worth looking. Everyone else didn't have much even at the height of selling season. My local spirit also doesn't include the atmosfx dvds in their clearance.
Mine did not either until I hounded the salesperson last year and she went in the back room and said- manager said it was OK- only got 1 last year on sale- looking for 3 others this year

·
Registered
268 Posts
Most of the crafts stores like Jo-Anne's and MIchael's already have their Halloween on sale for 70% off so I loaded up from both stores. I am going to check out Target today to see if anything is on sale. I highly doubt if Wal-Mart will have anything on sale until Sunday. I will check them out tho too just to pick up something to mainly do craft projects with for next years Reapers, etc.

I did not see any bigger items that I would like to have tho. From Spirit Halloween, the only item I purchased was a Coffin shaped jewelry display that they had out ... once Halloween is over, the local stores sell a lot of their display items including the hardware for a donation amount (you set the donation amount) and all the money goes to Seattle Children's Hospital so that is what I did for the jewelry display thing. :) Other than that, I did not see anything else that was big, that I wanted. As someone said, it was rather disappointing this year. Even Hot Topic and Spencer's did not have the NMBC items like I was hoping. Maybe for Christmas :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts