Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not alone at all, I want everything to be perfect! But I also know what you and everyone else expects from your yards this night, and you must remember...anything that isn't quite right will only be noticed by you, ever trick or treater that comes, will only see the amazing display that you created
Be proud, my friend and enjoy this amazing night!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had an unexpected week off before Hallowe'en and made the most of it. I put a lot of concentrated effort into new yard art. I hold off on putting out the last items (especially those things that are likely to blow away or be stolen) until the day, and then run around like crazy getting the last things in the display.
Yes, I'm anxious about everything that has been and still needs to be done, and I'm also nervous about whether people will come by and enjoy my display. I'm the only house in the neighborhood that decorates, and we're not one of the "rich" neighborhoods, so we don't get a lot of traffic every year. But I do my best to make sure that those people who come by have something to look at and enjoy.
My anxiety has just ramped up a hundredfold –- I woke to 40 mph winds and SNOW on the ground. grrr

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
I'm so happy it will at least be sunny, but anxious because it's supposed to be v. windy. Gonna spend today rechecking the anchoring on everything, then later today if it's not to bad put the hanging ghouls & whatnot in the trees. Hope not matter what your Halloween is a blast!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm always nervous and there seems so many things left to do (though, here I am on the internet...:D ). But the darkness hides a multitude of sins, I've got three show stoppers I know work, and I always remind myself that most people are at my house a minute or two at most so they don't have the time to see things that aren't working...

·
Halloween Nut
2,942 Posts
I'm anxious only because we are in Florida on vacation, and our 20 year old is home running Halloween tonight. I hop e he hasn't eaten all the candy, doesn't go to his room and sleep through the trick or treaters, finishes setting up the yard and fogger s, and I come home tomorrow and the props are still there in one piece.:eek:. Happy Halloween all.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I am worried about getting ready in time. I got mechanical props to set, a new fog machine coming tonight, and three pumpkins that need carving still.

I had to use a groupon for dinner Tuesday and went out to see other houses last night putting my carving behind schedule.

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
I'm anxious only because we are in Florida on vacation, and our 20 year old is home running Halloween tonight. I hop e he hasn't eaten all the candy, doesn't go to his room and sleep through the trick or treaters, finishes setting up the yard and fogger s, and I come home tomorrow and the props are still there in one piece.:eek:. Happy Halloween all.
Oh my goodness! If I'd left my son in charge at that age I wouldn't have cared so much about Halloween, just that I'd have a house to come back to! You're a very trusting mom! :eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
The blast I'm having now is this damnable wind. I can't put out the plastic pumpkins (I have nearly 100), the tree skeletons (milk jug skellies), the spider lanterns (glass), the cemetery flowers and wreaths, or the crime scene tape. her-RUMPH!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I wish all of the you the best tonight!
Here the stressful part is over. We had our party last weekend. Over the past week we've given some tours. Tonight I don't expect more than 10 ToTs tops. I'll light some candles and watch some Halloween themed movies with DD (DH will be invited, but I'm sure he'll head outside instead; it's still harvest time.)

At first I felt bad about the timing-- that our party had to be almost a week ahead of Halloween. Now that it's done, I have to say it was pretty nice to have several days to just relax enjoy it all with the decorating finished.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Only thing I really get nervous about is if there is going to be that one little punk *** kid/teenager who wants to show off and mess with something or cause problems in some way. Since 2008 we've only had two incidents of that nature so hopefully everything goes well. But so far it hasn't been the best of Halloweens. It seems that EVERYTHING is fighting me today. One of my drop panels is jamming up and won't operate right, the connection holes for the garage façade for some reason didn't line up right (even though they were perfect last year) and the wind is gusting and has blown over and damage two props that I have had to repair. On top of that my lower back is tensing up and my allergies are killing me. But now everything is set up and I'm just waiting for night to fall. Hopefully I make it through the night.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did a lot of rebuilding on static props. [ Grave stones made of 3/4 plywood. The Blood fountain, ] On my Bio Hazard can the lid moves, the bolt in rotisserie motor fell out. God I love Gorilla Glue. Up early [who wasn't ?] Put out the more fragile things . And Now they say 45% chance of rain
PS and got 3 1/2 of my smoke machines working

1 - 20 of 22 Posts