Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's still September but I can honestly say I'm done Halloween shopping for this year, except for pumpkins and candy. Made the final rounds today; hit Target which had nothing I was interested in. A Halloween Express is opened but a lot of old stuff from a couple years ago, high prices and very cheap quality. Been to Spirit about a dozen times, same with Party City and Michaels. Have also hit up Walmart, KMart, Walgreens and some of the dollar stores. I'm not even seeing stuff I'll go back for at 50% off the day after, so I have 4 weeks and some change to stay home and get stuff ready. I guess one advantage to having Halloween out so early is you get to shop and be done by the end of September. Figure what I save in gas driving around to all the stores will pay for my pumpkins.

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Lord! If I spend anymore money this season I'm gonna be homeless lol. This is by far the most I've ever spent and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Unfortunately I'll have to spend a bit more on the party provisions and lighting/fog. Shew! I've been very busy!

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
Wow... I understand why you're done with it for the year. But, for me... Idaho stores have just finally started to put out the majority of what they planned. I kept hitting several places without much luck so, I had to do alot of waiting. Walgreen's finally finished setting out their inventory late last week. Walmart and Fredmeyer.. early last week. The Biglots hardly got anything in and couldn't wait to move on to Christmas. They aleady had alot more Christmas out than Halloween. My local DT finished setting stuff out early last week too. Idaho seems to be getting later on setting out Halloween and earlier on Christmas. I love Christmas too (not as much as Halloween) but, each holiday deserves it's own special moment in the spotlight. :rolleyes:

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I'm done looking for big things on my list. All that I really had on the list was Menards skeletons and a bubble fogger. Neither of which I am buying this year.

The bubble foggers are just too expensive, and probably always will be. The Menards skellies are a good price right now, but I don't feel like I really "need" two realistic skeletons, and I already have a Bucky. I know, who doesn't want two cool skeletons, right?? I just don't have a lot of room to show them in the display, so I've talked myself out of it.

I haven't been to out of town stores yet, because I haven't had a chance to. I'll go look on Monday, but I don't have plans to buy anything over there.

If I buy anything besides small components like lights, fogger fluid, and more DT lenticular pictures, it will be something for indoors. My final list consists of non-seasonal stuff like PVC, outdoor cords, and a timer stake.

I'll go look at clearance stuff too, but I don't plan on buying anything. I'll keep checking thrift shops too, but I always do that.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I think we are. There was nothing we were really after this year anyway. We just picked up a couple of things that struck our fancy, like the Walgreens Jack. Now that October is about to hit we will be spending most of our "************** money on all the Halloween events like haunted houses and festivals.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I was just thinking about that today, jdubbya. As far as props/prop-making goes, I have everything I need now, and there are no stores I haven't checked out around here. Since I decided to host a Haunted Dinner Party, I will be getting a few more entertaining-type items for that (like paper plates, etc.). Oh, and since I signed up for SR2, I may need a few items to gift. I do so love Halloween shopping....

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I've barely started! Nothing on my list is really a Halloween item though. It pretty much all comes from the hardware store. Then of course, there's the candy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Almost. And my budget will thank me for stopping.

Mind you, my husband helped me come up with a new big project last night... so maybe not quite as done as I think. But I think all that's left is a hardware store run and some rubber snakes. (Gotta love Halloween shopping lists!)

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Pretty much done too, there is only Party City I might do tonight, but I doudt I'll get anything. this year, apart from SPIRIT (we spent around 250$), not much, I would say, I didn't spent more than 300$ this year, and this is a good year (L). True, this won't cost what I get on November 1st.

·
Royalty Unleashed!
2,627 Posts
I have only just begun.
I've been taking a 'dirt nap' so to speak for five years. I've missed the haunting scene, but was prepared to never return. That is until my daughter just bought a new house and said, "Mom...can you come haunt my garage this year?" She might as well have asked, "Mom..do you enjoy breathing?" YES! So here I am again, looking for FR Black Plastic etc, etc... I'm having a ball!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have only just begun.
I've been taking a 'dirt nap' so to speak for five years. I've missed the haunting scene, but was prepared to never return. That is until my daughter just bought a new house and said, "Mom...can you come haunt my garage this year?" She might as well have asked, "Mom..do you enjoy breathing?" YES! So here I am again, looking for FR Black Plastic etc, etc... I'm having a ball!
Good to see you again! I had wondered where you had gotten off to. Sometimes once active members drop off for long periods of time. Glad to see you're back in the game!

·
Royalty Unleashed!
2,627 Posts
Good to see you again! I had wondered where you had gotten off to. Sometimes once active members drop off for long periods of time. Glad to see you're back in the game!
Thanks! Good to feel the old juices pumping once again. :D

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,480 Posts
As soon as I saw the title of this thread my first thought was "NEVAR!!":D

I just ordered the Spider Lady from Grandin Road, still waiting on the Villafane pumpkin too, I need some glue sticks, craft paint, more mums & haven't yet hit the big box stores. I'm going to guess they won't have much I need but I still wanna hit 'em up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts