Halloween Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
HomerRocks,
When I was a child, there was a Disney show on cable and my mother videotaped (yes, I am old) it. It was called "Disney's Halloween Treat" and it featured a scene where a very large "SATAN-like creature with wings encircled by souls of the dead, some of which were on horseback, others just built up the side of the mountain. That scene scared me when I was a child but I watched it over and over. The music was classical and I can still hear it in my head.

If I had the abilities and time that is kind of how I would approach the levels of Hell. Satan can be easily built depending on your attention to detail and where you want the detail.
The character you are referring to is Chernabog, in case you didn't know his name :giggle:

Hallmark is selling a Chernabog ornament this year too (y)

·
Registered
603 Posts
HomerRocks,
When I was a child, there was a Disney show on cable and my mother videotaped (yes, I am old) it. It was called "Disney's Halloween Treat" and it featured a scene where a very large "SATAN-like creature with wings encircled by souls of the dead, some of which were on horseback, others just built up the side of the mountain. That scene scared me when I was a child but I watched it over and over. The music was classical and I can still hear it in my head.

If I had the abilities and time that is kind of how I would approach the levels of Hell. Satan can be easily built depending on your attention to detail and where you want the detail.

He was originally in Disney's Fantasia for a sequence known as "Night on Bald Mountain". That bit really grabbed me as a kid, too.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I wasn’t thinking about 2022 when you posted this topic, but I’m definitely there now! I’m still waiting on supplies for 2021 to be delivered and working up a storm, but I’m already considering how I’ll move things around next year.

Since we are doing the witch farm in the front yard and a graveyard with the fortune tellers on the side yard (both walk thru displays) I’ve definitely been thinking about what I’ll do with all this farm inspired nonsense from 2021.

And since I love the classics, I’ve already landed on what I’ll do in 2022. That is unless we get rained out which is looking pretty possible. Does that mean I’m squared up for 2023?

So, I’ve dreamed of putting together a witch school. I have all the players so I’m thinking it’s not a stretch. Poisons and potions class, flying class (gotta have a few crashed witches for a laugh), fortune telling class, Familiars class etc. I think that would more than fill up my side yard. Then, I’ll switch up the front yard and go Sleepy Hollow inspired madness. I’d love to build a bridge and have the front be a farm inspired area with the horseman somewhere in the back… just waiting for you.

I guess when you love Halloween that little creative mind is always churning with more spooky fun. Thanks for the topic! Can’t wait to see where we all land this year and next and the one after that and the one after that….. 🎃

·
Registered
115 Posts
Totally, there just finished my yard today and I have been planning next years theme...which will be drum roll, please...Iconic Horror Movie Moments...shower scene from Psycho, Halloween Michael in the sheets, Exorcist rotoating head, etc...will be using skellys for the characters....this years theme was the old west...
Blue Purple Azure Entertainment Chair

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm actually already BUILDING stuff for next year!! Our theme has been the same for a few years, so there is nothing new I want to build for 2021... but next year we're changing the theme because I'm tired of the old theme and (more importantly) want to build new stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, but mostly because I'm having to bump things off the 2021 list to the 2022 one! Though we did have a bit of a brainstorming session with the teenaged spawn about what we could add next year.

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
Weather permitting a whole yard walk around next year, it’s Do or Die Dinosaur theme. I’ve so wanted to do this haunted museum/park/lab theme for a while now and it’s killing me. Most of items needed have been sitting in storage waiting.

I bought the T-Rex and Raptor Atmosfx Dino Encounter projections a few weeks back that I’ve been wanting to add and I ordered an AR book by Chris Barker last night (The Ultimate Dinosaur Encyclopedia—AR linked experience thru Apple or Google app stores). Was excited to see this book of his being released tomorrow, 10/12/21. Will have plenty of time to experiment with how to incorporate the AR experience in the lab area with the kids hopefully. I have another older Carlton Jurassic Park AR link book, so already have some thoughts on using it and it’s pretty cool to see. Sure lots of kids haven’t experienced dinosaurs like this before. Apart from the new book this will be it as far as 2022 planning goes for a while I think.

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
Oh and for the Do or Die Dino theme I’m also expecting this pumpkin stencil carving book for dinosaurs tomorrow. I have a number of funkins that I think I’ll carve using them and then place near the entrance to our yard. With all of these designs in one place figured for $7 it’s a no brainer and will save me time searching or drawing out on my own.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think the movie you saw was called Evil Dead which there was a few other movies from the franchise.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My planning never ends. I generally have at least 2 years on my planning list at all times. I never stopped building in 2020 so there was never any actual downtime. I stopped building this year right before Halloween and didn’t bring anything new up to appease my husband but the planning/prepping never actually stopped. Shhh, don’t tell him. He jokingly brought up something this morning about the fact that we haven’t discussed it much since Halloween so I presented some plans for this year. He clearly regretted bringing it up. Ha ha ha!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Am I crazy? Am I the only one?

I haven't finished my invitations, planning, or building for 2021. Haven't even come close. But I'm already thinking about what I'm going to do for my 2022 Halloween party.

Just me?
Not at all. I'm doing pirates for 2022. I actually have about 5 yrs. out of plans, so, who's crazy or obsessed???? This girl, 😆

·
Registered
40 Posts
My planning never ends. I generally have at least 2 years on my planning list at all times. I never stopped building in 2020 so there was never any actual downtime. I stopped building this year right before Halloween and didn’t bring anything new up to appease my husband but the planning/prepping never actually stopped. Shhh, don’t tell him. He jokingly brought up something this morning about the fact that we haven’t discussed it much since Halloween so I presented some plans for this year. He clearly regretted bringing it up. Ha ha ha!
I love it!!! We could be friends. I have about 4 or 5 years ahead planned out. Sketch books, lists. Boards on Pintrest. Oh yeah!!!! And don't get too close, I'll happily drag anyone into my Halloween madness😉

·
Registered
365 Posts
I love it!!! We could be friends. I have about 4 or 5 years ahead planned out. Sketch books, lists. Boards on Pintrest. Oh yeah!!!! And don't get too close, I'll happily drag anyone into my Halloween madness😉
Love it! If there is a blank piece of paper lying around unattended, it frequently ends up with drawings/lists on it for the latest plan or a new build ha ha! We would definitely be great friends!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Love it! If there is a blank piece of paper lying around unattended, it frequently ends up with drawings/lists on it for the latest plan or a new build ha ha! We would definitely be great friends!
Lol, we speak the same language😝 Do you also drag others into your madness??? No one's safe. One of our delivery guys fixed our speakers for us, 😆

·
Registered
365 Posts
Lol, we speak the same language😝 Do you also drag others into your madness??? No one's safe. One of our delivery guys fixed our speakers for us, 😆
Very cool on the guy fixing your speakers! Years ago, a delivery guy stopped and helped me plant a tree when it was obvious it was more than I could pick up or move and I will forever be appreciative for his kindness. :). There are such wonderful people amongst us.

I absolutely drag people in given an opportunity. My neurologist puts out a great display now. I would show him pics of new props and the display in my appointment each year and he got into it! His display is super creative, his costumes are stellar and his sound system blows mine away!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very cool on the guy fixing your speakers! Years ago, a delivery guy stopped and helped me plant a tree when it was obvious it was more than I could pick up or move and I will forever be appreciative for his kindness. :). There are such wonderful people amongst us.

I absolutely drag people in given an opportunity. My neurologist puts out a great display now. I would show him pics of new props and the display in my appointment each year and he got into it! His display is super creative, his costumes are stellar and his sound system blows mine away!
That's awesome😄 I love that people are still kind and willing to help each other. I regularly drag the workers at Lowe's into my madness. If I'm trying to build a prop or have an idea for a theme. But don't know how or what. I'll go early in the morning and talk to them. They're the absolute best!!! Then they always end up getting my address so they can see how it all comes together❤ And a neighbor just started doing Halloween displays 2 yrs ago in our neighborhood. He blows mine out of the water. He's a retired engineer, amazing displays. I love how Halloween people don't seem to have ego. Meaning, they're very generous, willing to share and mentor others. What a wonderful community💐😍💕

21 - 40 of 40 Posts