Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing for ideas, I came across these DMX flame pots:

These would have been great 20 years ago when I was a kid trying to figure out how to make a flaming hellhole in my parent's yard.

Like I have previously mentioned, I'm going to run with a circus/sideshow/carnival theme this year. What cooler freakshow attraction could I add than a fire breather?

Obviously, the DMX flame pot, which looks to be 18+ inches tall, isn't really going to work to come out of a skull or mask. So has anyone done anything similar? An electric controlled actuator and igniter blowing out of an anamatronic, this of course would be well away from patrons and anything flamable.

Unforntuately, I don't have any exprience with gas/fire plumbing. Air and water, I'm very well equipted, I just don't know how different is when you are trying not to blow stuff up.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm going to order one of those flame pots just for the novelty of it and to see if I can scavange it into something that will work.

Now... how well will a bucky skull handle fire shooting out of it's mouth. :confused: :D

·
Registered
525 Posts
Browsing for ideas, I came across these DMX flame pots:

These would have been great 20 years ago when I was a kid trying to figure out how to make a flaming hellhole in my parent's yard.

Like I have previously mentioned, I'm going to run with a circus/sideshow/carnival theme this year. What cooler freakshow attraction could I add than a fire breather?

Obviously, the DMX flame pot, which looks to be 18+ inches tall, isn't really going to work to come out of a skull or mask. So has anyone done anything similar? An electric controlled actuator and igniter blowing out of an anamatronic, this of course would be well away from patrons and anything flamable.

Unforntuately, I don't have any exprience with gas/fire plumbing. Air and water, I'm very well equipted, I just don't know how different is when you are trying not to blow stuff up.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm going to order one of those flame pots just for the novelty of it and to see if I can scavange it into something that will work.

Now... how well will a bucky skull handle fire shooting out of it's mouth. :confused: :D

This has "tragedy" written all over it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
[Leave this here for info purposes but I didn't notice Bryan's suggestions. Even better idea than mine]

Music Venues, the Circus and other events that would use these have professionals who know how to use these devices and how to handle the gas lines and such. Also more importantly they have enormous insurance policies to protect them in case something did go wrong.

I thought about fire in the display for just a moment until I started to think about what would happen. What if the dry grass catches, if it hurts catches something nearby or even hurts a kid.. All kinds of stuff I quickly realized why you never see home haunts with real fire and its always all simulated with lights and/or fan blown cloth. There just too much liability and danger if something goes wrong.

I would say if you must do something with an upright jetting effect you might wanna go for a fog cannon. put a red light aimed up into the spout for fire effect. here's a link to some
https://www.amazon.com/Cannon-Control-Single-Machine-Halloween/dp/B01EJCULI0

here's a video of a different type in action.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I am with everyone else. I used to consider doing a double row of dressed up tiki torches in my front yard, as part of my Halloween display. I use them in my backyard around the pool somewhat lackadaisically. Anyway a few weeks ago I was careless with a mini tiki torch that had a flat base and I spilled some flaming liquid on my hand. I was very surprised at how much it hurt (it didn't go out instantaneously), and while the burn was only minor I now realize how foolish it would have been for me to incorporate them into my display. Different concept than yours, but...

·
Registered
720 Posts
All you need is one adventurous little toddler to climb into your yard somehow, and a devastating tragedy occurs.

Fake it. Plenty ways to create fake fire.

·
Registered
293 Posts
News Headline, "Haunter burns down neighborhood on Halloween night"
but incase you do go forward -Just put up a sign, "all costumes MUST be FLAME retardant"
and a reminder to "drop and roll"

Even if it was the back yard and an invite only party, why add something you need to worry about all night?

But if you do BUILD, post a video!!!

Jerseyscare

·
Registered
202 Posts
I built a baby dragon and used brake fluid and compressed air..first time I used it I set the neighbors hedges on fire..20ft across the road..but it sure was cool looking!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I built a baby dragon and used brake fluid and compressed air..first time I used it I set the neighbors hedges on fire..20ft across the road..but it sure was cool looking!
lol

Many people do the flaming pumpkin, I'm thinking of something like that, only compact enough to fit into a skull.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts