Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was born on Halloween, 1970. And whenever I tell people I when I was born, they always say, "Well, that explains it." So usually I tell people I was born at the end of October.

Nevertheless, October is my favorite month, and Halloween is my favorite holiday. When time and budget permit, I go to every haunted house attraction I can. I love them. And in addition to classic album rock, I love dark, atmospheric music, like Midnight Syndicate or Nox Arcana. I love scary movies and The Shining is my favorite film of all time.

But I'm just a regular guy, otherwise.

Who else?

·
Registered
558 Posts
My husband turns 50 on the 26th. I am have a surprise Death of Youth party for him. Turning the house into a funeral parlor and graveyard out front.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm on the 30th. I always joke to my mom about how she should've held me in for one more day, haha. But it does explain why my favorite things are Halloween, October, Autumn, the color orange, scary movies, and pumpkins.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was born October 22. I remember a number of birthday parties as a kid having a Halloween theme. That and just the general Halloween fervor that's everywhere by that point in the month. So I've always had a pretty close association with my birthday and Halloween.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My mom was born on Halloween. So it was always a special night of trick or treating and coming home to birthday cake with my grandmom, aunt, and uncle coming over to sing to her. Now I always have a big Halloween party and celebrate the late October and early November birthdays in the family. (about 4 of them)

My first baby was due in November and I hoped for a Halloween birthday but it didn't happen. It is such a special time of year.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was born on the 27th and every birthday party had a Halloween theme. I was supposed to be born on the 31st but I guess I've always been impatient.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I was growing up, my birthday parties had some sort of Halloween theme. They really don't anymore, now that I'm Old.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wouldn't want my child born on Halloween. I'd be too busy getting ready for the big day to properly focus on THEIR big day.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I wouldn't want my child born on Halloween. I'd be too busy getting ready for the big day to properly focus on THEIR big day.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I don't have kids yet, but I would feel bad if I had to choose between my child's birthday, my birthday, and my favorite holiday. It's like having your birthday the day after Christmas. And it's especially bad if they don't like Halloween!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not on the big day, but exactly one week before on the 24th. :D I was almost born in a pumpkin patch, I think that may have been the start of all this. lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wasn't born on Halloween, but the next best thing. A Friday the 13th!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
MyTwin Niece and Nephew were born on Halloween I always told my sister they were her trick and treat. He was the harder baby and she was easy they have since changed rolls in the last couple of years adn whatch out now they will be teenagers this year.LOL SHe has also alway ssid the way I love Halloween they should have been my kids. I Say they ARE MINE. I give them a Halloween Birthday Party and they can't wait again this yer. I hoep they never out grow the love for their Halloween Birthday. Lucky me

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I wasn't born on Halloween, but the next best thing. A Friday the 13th!
I was born on the 13th as well but not Friday . I do love when it is on a Friday.LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts