Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Are you planning on writing some sore of routine that will simulate lightning? What are the advantages of Light o rama over a VSA program on a DMX network. Can you use LOR for more than just relay functions?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Are you planning on writing some sore of routine that will simulate lightning? What are the advantages of Light o rama over a VSA program on a DMX network. Can you use LOR for more than just relay functions?

Lightorama has complete control over lighting including dimming/fading and twinkling and shimmering. They also have DC boards if that's the direction you want to go to. If you have more quesitons about LOR, just head to their forums site and ask. The people there are really good about answering questions and helping out...

-=coasterbp

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you flit over to doityourselfchristmas.com they can show you how to build your own lighting controllers and organise group buys for the bits you need. I've got some solid state relay boards on order from a group buy.

The Vixen control software is free (I think)

For my thunder & lightning effect I'm using a small sound to light organ kit from electronic123.com and will be ordering the poisonprops Thunder CD.

·
Registered
110 Posts
fritz,
Can the color organ kit you are talking about adjust the intensity of the light in relation to the volume of a particular clap of thunder or is it just an open and close relay type system?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts