Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 2 year old spirit machine. It clogged Halloween night. I've got the fog cleaner in it right now but it won't draw the cleaner up into the machine becasue of the clog. It runs fine and tries to pull the cleaner out of the tank, but no go.

Wondered if there were any other tips or tricks I could try.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll just list all the simple things that have helped me in the past. First, don't use CLR. Only use clear vinegar and distilled water(50/50) which is basically what every fog cleaner out there is made of. Let the end of the hose sit for a while in the fog cleaning solution to help dissolve old fog juice that may be clogging the end filter and hose. Make sure the end of the hose isn't upside down or floating in the tank. It may sound silly, but it has caught me not paying attention before. If this does not work the pump itself may have the clog, and I have never found any info on how to fix that. Someone please chime in if you know otherwise.

For future use and storage always store after use with fog juice in it and never right after cleaning. When you first bring it out again dump all the old juice and fill with only brand new fog juice. Old stuff tends to separate its ingredients which causes the clogging(you can see cloudy clumps). Only clean your fog machine with the fog cleaner if you notice a decrease in output. Try not to wait until it stops outputting entirely as it may be too late. This is pretty much my extent of experience with fog machines. I hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
No one has ever figured out how best to store fog machines. I store mine empty and have been for probably 10 years. Never had one die.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts