Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came back from Japan for vacation. Japanese people are very in to collecting toys/anime. They call it Otaku.
Nevertheless, I've always been in to toys but never consider myself a collector. With my recent trip to Japan, i realize how much I love toys especially monster toys. I guess I just want to start this thread to see if anybody else share this passion with me.

Feel free to showoff your new toys or favorite ones.

I just picked up this bad boy the other month. Big fan of frankenstein. :)
http://instagram.com/p/ZePbxJjmPp/

Also got this in Japan. How can you not pick one up when you're visiting his homeland. :)

http://instagram.com/p/e825ZCDmLd/

*sorry can't embed iframe codes on here :(

·
Evil Wizard
2,145 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! They have a werewolf version as well. I believe it's more rare than the frankenstein. Been contemplating about giving him a friend. =P

·
Evil Wizard
2,145 Posts
At one time (circa 2010), Amok Time had revealed the sculpt for a 22.5-inch tall Nosferatu, in a similar style, but I've never seen a finished version; so, I can only assume that production was cancelled, for whatever reason:

Too bad, because he would've complemented the Sideshow Frankenstein figure perfectly. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At one time (circa 2010), Amok Time had revealed the sculpt for a 22.5-inch tall Nosferatu, in a similar style, but I've never seen a finished version; so, I can only assume that production was cancelled, for whatever reason:

Too bad, because he would've complemented the Sideshow Frankenstein figure perfectly. :(
that would be nice. Where did you get that image from? Have you searched around for it?
Dang that does look nice.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I cannot see either picture, as I do not have an Instagram account. Thanks to Saruman, though, I can view the Frankenstein (I have seen that doll prior and certainly do like it).

I own quite a few creepy toys, from stylized vinyl figures to plushes/dolls. To borrow a phrase from ToysRUs, "I don't wanna grow up...":D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Those are really cool !
As a model builder I am still kicking myself for not ever having any of the old Aurora monsters or copys. I do have some older toys I collect. I will "round them up" later for a pic.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I really enjoy the sideshow toys versions of the universal monsters.
I have the complete 8" set, and several of the 12"

·
Registered
865 Posts
i have the SCREAMIN hellraiser figures and the micheal myers
also have all of the NECA REAL TOYS hellraiser and myers,freddy,jason,hannibal,leatherface.PUMPKINHEAD,tall man
i also have elvira and the CHAOS COMICS evil ernie .
and i have this great classic monsters purse! IMG_8611.jpg

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Those are really cool !
As a model builder I am still kicking myself for not ever having any of the old Aurora monsters or copys. I do have some older toys I collect. I will "round them up" later for a pic.
Hopefully your keeping an eye on Moebius models - they've done some reissues and some beautiful new monster kits.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Yeah the Mars Attack kit looks awesome! Not sure but I thought I read that was supposed to be a series.

They did a great model of Dracula as well (available with and without a victim). Looks like it's not available on their site anymore but you can likely find it around... Here's a link.
http://monsterkidclassichorrorforum.yuku.com/topic/43473/Moebius-DELUXE-Dracula-kit#.UmBJFxZklU4
...and a gorgeous invisible man kit that I think was designed by one of the members here.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Invisible-Man-Moebius-Models/dp/B001I09XZO

I'm guessing you're thinking the Gigantic Frankenstien model ("big frankie?"). He's pretty cool and kinda classic. They also did a new standard size kit a couple years back.

There's also Monarch Models that did a nice Nostferatu ​kit a bunch of years back, but their releases are few and far between. I think these companies are both hobbies for the owners, so it's lucky they get anything out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts