1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I saw those on ebay and thought about getting one just to make it easy to test out what color looks best on any given prop. It would be much easier just to have one light set up and switch colors til I find the one that's right than to have to switch lights around and turn them off and on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am thinking about purchasing these LED lights for my haunt this year. Does anyone have them or know anything about them??

3W spotlight E27/GU10 Flash LED RGB Remote Control Spot Light Red Green Blue flash strobe fad

http://www.dhresource.com/albu_304118652_00-1.0x0/3w-spotlight-e27-gu10-flash-led-rgb-remote.jpg
I have 40 of these that I purchased off ebay. They a great for close up lighting of props. No need to have different bulb colors as these change into so many colors. They can also flash at different rates as well as change colors on their own. I have them in both 110volt and 12 volt.
The only issue that I have with them is when you have more tha 1 bulb, the remote will change them all. The way around it is to shield the bulb you want to change with the remote from the rest of them.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wrasse... Thanks. I ordered 10 of them. I am hoping they will be as good as I anticipate??? Really looking forward to using them. Are they very bright??? If I spread them out, will they light up my yard haunt or do I need to dedicate one per tombstone??

·
Registered
873 Posts
Wrasse... Thanks. I ordered 10 of them. I am hoping they will be as good as I anticipate??? Really looking forward to using them. Are they very bright??? If I spread them out, will they light up my yard haunt or do I need to dedicate one per tombstone??
They are fairly bright, certainly enough to lite a prop or tombstone unless it is far away. They also have the ability to be dimmed using the remote.
There are at least two versions of them out, one has a diffuse lens and will light a larger area, and blend the colors.
The other is move of a spot light and on some colors you will see all three of the diodes (RGB) light up, and produce slightly off-centered beams.
I happen to like the effect. Keep in mind you are getting three 1W LEDs, so you can make 1W of red light, or 1w of blue, or more / less 2w of purple, etc.
So when comparing single color LEDs these will put out the same as a 1W single color diode, when doing a single color.

·
Registered
873 Posts
what kind of base depends on which model you bought or are buying.
The MR-16 is the 2 pin base usually found in landscape lighting and other halogen lamps.
The E-27 is the standard full size screw in base light most house lights over the last 50+ years.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi, Here is a hair color spray UV reactive product sold by wallyworld this Halloween, $2.24 a can. It fluoresces more blue than green.
I sprayed it on a piece of sheet metal, the main reason you can see it well in normal light is the difference in surface reflectivity between the spray and the metal. It's nearly clear otherwise. As you can see it does light up well under UV (a CFL blub in this case). You would probably need to coat it with krylon or at least AquaNet if you planned to let people walk on it for long.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am thinking about getting one of these to use the strobe feature and be able to change colors at will. My concern, and what I am hoping an owner of these can answer, is that I will have this light turning on and off and hooked up to an ir sensor. My question is does it keep the last setting it was on when the power is cut off or does it default back to some setting? Thanks to anyone who can answer :D.

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
I did a few test on the light and was actually going to use it to make a color changing Fluorescent Light (test video below)

Here's another test I did on the bulb

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
I am thinking about getting one of these to use the strobe feature and be able to change colors at will. My concern, and what I am hoping an owner of these can answer, is that I will have this light turning on and off and hooked up to an ir sensor. My question is does it keep the last setting it was on when the power is cut off or does it default back to some setting? Thanks to anyone who can answer :D.

I believe it defaults back and the strobe effect isn't that good but the light is well worth the $5 or $6 it cost

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I received my lights a few days go. I played with them a little and they are pretty cool. I thought they were suppose to stay on the last setting when you turn them off??? But I am not sure?? I will test them later and let you know if they default back or stay on the current setting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I received my lights a few days go. I played with them a little and they are pretty cool. I thought they were suppose to stay on the last setting when you turn them off??? But I am not sure?? I will test them later and let you know if they default back or stay on the current setting.
I see an on/off on the remote so maybe they do hold settings when turn off that way... not sure how to do this for my needs though. May just have to keep it running....

·
Registered
139 Posts
... My question is does it keep the last setting it was on when the power is cut off or does it default back to some setting? Thanks to anyone who can answer :D.
The ones I have do not remember the last setting. When power is cycled they revert to a mode where they flash through colors starting with red, green, purple, blue, and then ends up doing smoother color changes. Maybe it's a test mode on powerup? So, if you get the color just right and remove the power, sorry...you'll have to adjust again with the remote.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i bought 2 of those spotlights off of amazon they were delivered the other day, they are not the brightest but are perfect for a yard haunt. i love them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The ones I have do not remember the last setting. When power is cycled they revert to a mode where they flash through colors starting with red, green, purple, blue, and then ends up doing smoother color changes. Maybe it's a test mode on powerup? So, if you get the color just right and remove the power, sorry...you'll have to adjust again with the remote.
if you turn them off with the remote and not at the switch they will remember the last setting... also the remote needs to be pointed at the center axes for it to work. one remote will work on all your bulbs so put the other remotes in a safe place

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice info on these everyone. I ordered 5 of them last week. Unfortunately, my entire yard haunt is wired to a single switch that I use to turn the entire yard on and off with, so it looks like I'll have to reset my lights with the remote every night when I turn it on...:(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice info on these everyone. I ordered 5 of them last week. Unfortunately, my entire yard haunt is wired to a single switch that I use to turn the entire yard on and off with, so it looks like I'll have to reset my lights with the remote every night when I turn it on...:(
Did some research and found a decent light that keeps memory even if it is removed from it's socket. Look for HitLights BlueLux. They have other models too but that is the cheapest with that memory feature. I am going to search around for a good deal on one now :D.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
11 Participants
Vysse
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing