Halloween Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have like 6 flood lights, what are the best way to disguise the light holders?

·
Registered
231 Posts
i stick them in trees, under the eaves of the roof, behind tombstones. anywhere i have a spot can be used for lights. stuff on the lawn usually gets a spike lamp holder.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I take a piece of foam and make a little light blocker out of it. I score it so it folds into a three section piece which makes the sides adjustable for where I want the light to go. Sometimes I also hide them behind a tombstone or other prop

·
Registered
720 Posts
Make thicker tombstones with a hollow back behind them, to tuck the lights into. I glued plastic sheeting over the back of mine to keep rain from falling directly onto them.

Also, sometimes you don't really need flood lamps. None of my lamps out front are any stronger than 15 watts, cuz I want that doom and gloom darkness, not super bright and revealing. It's fun to have the visitors to take their time studying the props.

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
720 Posts
I use old black plastic flower pots, the kind you get when you buy shrubs. I found a bunch in the trash one night. I can't claim the idea as my own since there's a great cemetery haunt down the road from me and I saw that he used them. You just have to get the right size so that the flood and folder sits inside.

·
Registered
112 Posts
After covering with a black hood (like the flower pot suggested above), I placed some plastic greens around mine. I already had these 2 old matching plastic plants that are full, and they look like a bush from a distance.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Someone on here posted (sorry - I don't remember who) about making little boxes with scrap wood. They're just four pieces of 2 x 4 or whatever with one open side and then you can spray paint them black or cover them with moss or whatever to camouflage them. A project I need to do!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I usually shoot them across the yard. If i use a strobe or something close i either hide them behind a prop like a tombstone or next to something of great detail usually thier eyes never look down at the light when their looking at something worth studying

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I saw someone last year painted plastic coffee cans black and poked them through the bottom. I did it that way and then mounted them behind tombstones to shine on ones behind. I'm not big on lighting and still working on mine. :(

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I use a fake rock to hide my fog chiller and although I haven't spent the money on it yet, I want to get some small fake boulders to hide the spotlights. Maybe I will make a point of buying them this coming year for next year. The really large fake rock hides the chiller well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts