Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year my friend is having his annual Halloween party. He wanted to do it really big since it is the 10th year in a row. My wife and I help him out and we have been going back and forth since last Halloween for a theme. We were going to do a Phantom of the Opera theme, a Monsters Ball (lady ga ga) theme, or Freakshow Circus (my idea) which is probably the one we are going to do. He has 3 floors to the home plus a front and back yard. So if anyone has any ideas I'd be happy to hear a few. We were thinking psychics, flame throwers, clowns, etc for entertainment. Any more ideas would be very useful.
Thanks

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Rent out a cotton candy machine, popcorn machine, and snow cone machine. They are easy to fine and rent. Then make sure you have some type of Zombie clown at each one serving your guest! Thats one thing that would help give that circus/carnival theme. Hope that helps and good luck and for God sakes POST PICS when its over:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did a circus theme two years ago. I had a few large tents filled with different props.
(Live animals- oddities - fun house - fortune tell, etc)

The big hit of the night was the Live Animal Tent. Had several fake animals in the tent and a cage with an actor in a gorilla costume. The cage had metal bars, metal chains and PVC tubes. The actor would rattle the cage making noise with the chains and then start to bend the pvc tubes/bars. Scared a lot of kids and parents.
Also did a popcorn maker with a head inside of it. It was an osculating fan with the blades pulled off. Put a mask on it. The head would osculate back and forth.
I found the circus theme was the easiest and most successful Halloween haunt (to date) that I have put together
The link below is to some of the pictures from that Halloween

http://www.hauntedchaos.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=3096131

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
Since becoming a big fan of Carnivale, I have been thinking of doing a creepy carnival theme. I have had clowns before and such but to have everything themed to look like that show would be so fun. That is definately something I'm working on for another year. I have been gathering props and things and been taking hoop dancing so I can be a "sideshow".

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dont forget your pickeled punks, two headed animal of sorts, check out the Jim Rose Circus online these guys are good. Also as a main attraction steal a stick from the greatest, P.T. Barnum. "THE MAN EATING CHICKEN" (a six foot tall man eating a piece of chicken) and a sign that stated “To the Egress.” When the people followed the arrows to this exhibit, they found themselves in the alley.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oh, great theme! A "haunted" fun house is a must - mirrors, spinning tunnel room, dot room, etc. How about an evil Ring Master (stilt walker would be cool!) and a dead trapeze artist for costumes? Popcorn balls coated with green candy melts. Lots of fitting ICP songs (if language isn't a problem).
ICP would be a great inspiration for this kind of party. You could have wicked clowns walking around creeping up on people then throwing confetti at them and you could always spray faygo soda EVERYWHERE (im sure that's something you are just dying to do haha).
Also what I would do is try to mix the dark dirty carnival feel with the evil colorful circus feel. Those two will mix well and make a killer party. Good luck

·
Registered
396 Posts
I did a circus theme two years ago. I had a few large tents filled with different props.
(Live animals- oddities - fun house - fortune tell, etc)

The big hit of the night was the Live Animal Tent. Had several fake animals in the tent and a cage with an actor in a gorilla costume. The cage had metal bars, metal chains and PVC tubes. The actor would rattle the cage making noise with the chains and then start to bend the pvc tubes/bars. Scared a lot of kids and parents.
Also did a popcorn maker with a head inside of it. It was an osculating fan with the blades pulled off. Put a mask on it. The head would osculate back and forth.
I found the circus theme was the easiest and most successful Halloween haunt (to date) that I have put together
The link below is to some of the pictures from that Halloween

http://www.hauntedchaos.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=3096131
Impressive link :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts