Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....to Transworld in March? I plan on going and wouldn't mind meeting up with some fellow haunters. I am so looking forward to the lights on Darkness tour.:D:D

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I wish but diden't get tickets this year. I'm looking forward to 2010 though.

You should deff. take lots of pics and then share them with us. Plus it's gotta be good to rub it in our faces. :)

Have a great time!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
This Year..

Transworld is going to be in St. Louis, Missouri.
It was in Los Vegas last year but for most of it's time it was in a suburb of Chicago, near Ohare airport.

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Hubby and I are going. Also just got the tickets to the Darkness tour. I'm gonna take lots and lots of pictures for us all :) If a few more people from here are going perhaps we can meet up for drinks and then go to the Darkness tour together :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Aww dang!!! I didn't buy a ticket to the Darkness tour because I figured I wouldn't have known anyone (And mom and dad didn't want to spend the money to go!)

Well I'm going to the convention, leaving Thursday so we can be there all weekend and not miss anything! If you guys plan anything let me know!
:).

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Great. Looks like we definitely should get together for drinks! How about we post to this thread with meet-up times and such. I've got to make dinner reservations for hubby and I so while I'm doing that, I look around for a great place to meet for drinks.

Voodoo, check out the Downtown Hilton, they've got rooms for $100 a night if you pre-pay. Never stayed there before but it looks nice. It looks like it's 3 blocks away from the convention (4th & Olive).

Everyone, I just booked three seminars to go to. I'll take copious notes to share with everyone.

Seminar #1:

Over The Top Art Direction: Creating Massive Sets and Intense Scenes With POW!

Join Dan McCullough and The House of Torment team as they explore the power of over the top art direction! See how they have taken a cinematic/video game-like approach to fill their sets, costumes, characters and marketing with terrifying detail. Other topics covered will include the construction of HUGE sets and a discussion of their unique remote scare control room.
Seminar #2:

BUSCH GARDENS Howl-O-Scream Design Strategies — How To Keep Your Haunted Event Fresh Each Year With New Themes!

Busch Gardens Tampa is well known for changing large parts of its event every year and refining and reimagining the rest of its attractions. How do they produce one of the largest Halloween events in the country while still operating a major theme park and a vast zoo at the same time? Learn how they have worked with unique themes over the years to create such a successful and terrifying event!
Seminar #3:

Designing Your Haunted Attraction In 3D With Cheap Software!

Learn how the staff of Universal Halloween Horror Nights uses SketchUp to design their entire event. This powerful program can create 3D walk-throughs, integrate with existing CAD programs and import photo backgrounds allowing a complete design before building a single wall panel! BONUS — See 3D walk-throughs of Universal Horror Night mazes!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I think you'll really like the SketchUp seminar Terra. Hubby and I designed our house and whole neighborhood with it. You can even add it to google earth afterwards.

Have fun!

MsM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts