Halloween Forum banner

Any way to fix/restore masks?

802 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Tasty Brains 
#1 · (Edited)
I wasn't expecting this to be such an interesting group!
Anyway, I joined to ask how or if it's even possible to restore the shape of these old gauze masks before I try to sell them on eBay.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Maybe a very gentle steam would do it? I often get wrinkles out of fabric by hanging them in the bathroom and running the shower on hot. The steam from the hot water will relax out a lot of wrinkles and is very gentle. I have never tried it with fabric this old though, so be careful! Let them dry, then us spray starch to hold the new, relaxed shape in place? I would just waft the starch at them from far away to start. I have never tried this though, so again be careful.

#7 ·
I have a steamer I could try on one of the worst ones - carefully, as you said! Your comments remind me of the time I was attending a conference at an IBM facility in NY state. We had small rooms right at the facility with our own bathrooms. To prepare for the next day, I hung my clothes in the bathroom and turned on the hot shower. It wasn't long before it triggered the smoke alarm and they evacuated the whole place - we couldn't go back in until the fire department cleared every room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.