Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(By the way this is my first post so don't mind the awkwardness lol)
My haunt has about 6 scenes and I already have the layout and its mostly hallways,
Does anyone have unique ideas that are different not like a graveyard? I was thinking of them to relate to a forest

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Are you using real trees? Are you out doors? Real trees and being outdoors can be scary without doing anything else,sometimes?
Got those tree frogs chirping? OR is it just very, very quiet? (An often scary thing !!! )

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Most people seem to be highly anxious about something unseen, moving nearby in wooded / forested areas.
Bushes and brush shaking in the dark.
Dried branches / twigs snapping / shuffling noises.
Audible breathing / huffing / grunts / moans / sighs.
Shadows / forms that move.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Tree spirits creeped me out as a kid, believe it or not. I have always wanted to make "imps" crouching in low branches of trees, glaring down at ToTs. Unfortunately, I've never really had trees within my decorating space. You could have a slight sound effect to call attention to them (like whispered mumbles), or do the red LED eye thing that people either love or hate.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You mentioned hallways - maybe have the limbs overhead form a tunnel like shape?

I heard of putting some good looking spider webs and spiders near the front of the haunt then a little farther down hang black thread or fishing line they walk through - the original puts the spiderweb idea in their head and then they don't suspect it coming a little farther down - great creepy feeling.

Perhaps a speaker with dog/wolf growling sounds in those shaking branches too - a friend with a werewolf mask could make a great pop out behind a tree scare.

·
Registered
105 Posts
We did a haunted forest as one of our rooms last year. We actually used all of our Christmas trees! Set them up to create a maze (we have about 10 of different sizes…lots of cheap ones work just as well).

Then, we added a forest soundtrack featuring howling wolves, chirping crickets, and stomping noises. I put my fogger in the middle under a tree and set it to sporadic fog. Then we mounted a strobe light at the beginning of the "maze" and set it to slow flicker. I wish I had a good picture, it created a dimly-lit, foggy, creepy forest that you had to walk through. People LOVED it, and you're right, they do get scared because they felt like something was going to jump out at any moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts