Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most years for my Halloween parties, I go for playful, darkly humorous decorating. But this year, our theme is "Fear", so I want to try and make the house feel much more creepy. I'm in the process of making a fake Victrola, I'm gonna be playing old music with pops and scratches and slight distortion. and I'm lighting the living room with candles and fake candles, to create pools of light. One thing I want to do though is set up a light somehow so that it has some movement. Nothing major. Just enough to make the shadows it casts move a bit. like a gently swaying chandelier or something. But I'd love to have it so that the light is coming from underneath if possible. Underlighting is creepier after all. :) Does anyone have some tips that might help?

·
Registered
149 Posts
The first thing that comes to my mind is one of those lights that are used under crystal ornaments. My b-i-l bought me one, it's like a disc light and is made up of different coloured light bulbs. I use it under my Halloween tree to cast shadows up onto the ceiling, and it looks really creepy. I've seen similar lights sold as "pumpkin strobes" (or something like that) at the dollar store, but they were not as effective.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts