Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find some good, spooky pictures to frame (8x10) and replace my mom's flower photos in our hallway. I'm sure some of you have already seen the spooky old-timey pics I framed for our living room - well, I want something different for the hallway. Not merely "old," and definitely not black & white.

I printed out two last night and framed them; one is a photo I took myself at Howl-O-Scream last year (rather proud of that one) and another is an angel statue:

579579_10152108922130048_91213459_n.jpg
cemetery3.jpg

Somehow different from the small ones I've done. But now I'm not sure what else to look for.

I don't want anything TOO scary - for instance, I found this deliciously creepy pic of another angel statue, but she actually gives me chills, and to be perfectly honest, I don't want this staring at me in the middle of the night when I come out of the bathroom half awake! (Okay, okay, you got me. I'm a chicken.)

I'd also found this wonderful fan art online, and thought long and hard about using it, since we and our friends are all fans of Miyazaki, but... I don't know, it feels kind of... Wrong. (Plus, I'm pretty sure our guest of honor's fiancee would never be able to watch My Neighbor Totoro again!)

So can you give me any suggestions on spooky-but-not-outright-scary pictures? I need two more.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Every year I replace all the family photos with pics of my other family. You know, Dracula, Freddy, Frankenstein, Wolf Man, The Addams', The Munsters and other assorted monster icons. I just store the Halloween family pics behind the regular pics and switch them around when I decorate for Halloween.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
lol you made me laugh on that bathroom scare...i'm looking too for something awesome to hang over my fireplace, something done in pastels, my daughter did the misfits crimson ghost off one of their cds when she was 11, its incredible..i use it every year, and I know shes going to take it one year..i cant find anything I like.........I've been checking out greeting cards, deviant art, art.com, poster...nothing

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about old pics of YOUR family or partys from past halloweens?
Oh, we don't have many personal pics like that. We really suck at remembering to take pictures of things like that... Usually all I end up with is scenery and cats!

I'll definitely check out deviantART, though! I hadn't thought of that. I just kind of feel weird printing off someone else's art and using it for decoration... Stock photos are one thing, but... I don't know. Worth a look, in any case.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Does anyone remember the threads on the guy who posted a monthly pic of forum members best decoration/graveyard shots to make a calendar OR the person last year I believe who posed the mini skellys and took lots of pics? That may be something Stormygirl could use.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nothing useful to add, except to avoid the "Blink" episode of Dr Who if that weeping angel pic gave you the chills, StormyGirl!

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
I just went to St Louis cemetery in New Orleans. I posted pics to an album, feel free to copy any of my pics you like. I printed out a few of them in 8x10. I left them in color when I posted them but changed them to bw when I printed them myself. This way anyone who wants to copy them can choose color or bw. I have a bunch more to add but it says image to large so I gotta get my hubby to figure out how to add them on some other way

·
Registered
30 Posts
Last year, I bought a ton of old picture frames at garage sales & then filled them with creepy photos that I found. Unfortunately, I don't remember the websites where I got them, but I do have them saved. Not sure what would be better - to try to upload them to this site or to email them to you directly. I've saved them on word (they're all black & white & I printed them off at work.) What do you think?

·
Halloween Nut
2,942 Posts
Nothing useful to add, except to avoid the "Blink" episode of Dr Who if that weeping angel pic gave you the chills, StormyGirl!
Oh yes, do watch it. It is one of my all time favorites. Then watch Time of the Angels and Flesh and Stone. Finally, The Angles take Manhattan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here are the pictures I used last year. Some are creepy-scary, others are just a little disturbing. These were places around my main floor. I also have a sun room that I use for a theme room, and last year it was a mad scientist's lab. On one wall, I had pictures of 'morphed' animals (2 different animals photoshopped to be one.) Again, I don't remember where I found them, but if anyone is interested, I could upload those too.

Attachments

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I came to realize that I chose the first two pictures for their beauty rather than the spookiness. So I decided to find some darkly beautiful pics to go along with them.

First I chose the classic haunted house:
House USE.jpg

And one of my favorite Halloween icons of all, the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow:
Headless Horseman USE.jpg

So now I have four dark, beautiful pictures hanging in my hallway for Halloween. (Seriously thinking about leaving them up year-round, if not in the hallway, then somewhere else in the house.)

Thanks for all the help, you guys, and crazy4oct31, I did save some of the pics you shared to be printed for small tabletop frames in my living room!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts