Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember someone saying they worked at Target and I have a few questions....
What kind of a discount do you get on seasonal items... like oh... say... Halloween? Do you know if seasonal employees get a discount as well? Do you get first pick of merch after Halloween and do you get the 50% off plus your discount?
I spent so much money there this year that I was considering getting a seasonal job there next year but I'd like a little more info before I get a job for a discount and find out it isn't what I was hoping for later.
Thanks!

·
Registered
12,918 Posts
I used to work for Target and yes seasonal employees get a discount but like all employeesit is only 10% and yes you get it off what ever discounts already have been taken.

This was a major problem for me since I got so many "good deals" I don't think I actually made any money...:eek:

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I can tell you from my mom having worked there for so many years that the employees can only grab the merchandise if they are there first just like anyone else and only on their own time. The best part was my mom would grab up the good stuff at 50% off and then as they marked down the items even more she would get adjustments SO LONG as that particular item was still on the shelves. Many years ago when Target first started getting the really nice things and people weren't into it that much, I made out like a bandit in skull/gargoyle items at 90% off. It sure isn't like that anymore :(

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I used to work for Target and yes seasonal employees get a discount but like all employeesit is only 10% and yes you get it off what ever discounts already have been taken.

This was a major problem for me since I got so many "good deals" I don't think I actually made any money...:eek:
They'd end up firing me after they figured out the "Why do we keep finding this Halloween stuff still in the unloading area?" CAUSE I'M WAITIN FOR THE 50% OFF SALE BEFORE I BUY IT DUMMY!!!:D I wouldn't really do that....Um....At least I don't THINK I would....:D.....ZR

·
Registered
180 Posts
I posted about this in another area, but this would be a good post to ask about again. Target had a ceramic bowl shaped like a cauldron with a ring of bright green ooze at the top. I, of course, waited for it to go on sale but sure enough, the day after Halloween it was MIA from all Targets in Nashville. I'm so distraught, I should have bought it at full cost! :( Has anyone seen it at a Target store? (Even though I know most sale stuff is gone.) Or perhaps someone bought this bowl and is no longer enchanted with it? A girl can hope!

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
The Target I work at is completely out of all the best stuff this year...and I am so broke after dishing out all the cash for my party (but SO worth it) Saw a fogger for $2 but I passed up on it....they make my eyes burn :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts