Halloween Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
So here’s a question.... I know most of us are focusing on what we are giving this Halloween, but has anyone heard any buzz about those receiving?

Most of my friends have stated they’re not planning to participate. I’m wondering if people will be more prone to TOT to have something fun to do or forego TOT and not risk it.
On our nextdoor app, the majority of people that have chimed in are saying they will be handing out candy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
We are good even posted times of all of the towns and city in the county, of course highly recommended not to. Joined the community FB page about TOT but not much there. That Lady in charge of the state tried shutting it down but was told she can't. Plan on sitting out by the road at least what wife says even though decorations will be behind us quite a ways thought about getting the HD dragon out as will not be returning to camping just to much to take. BUt would have to take him back apart that night.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,634 Posts
Our city just yesterday announced that TOT is a go. Not sure what they were waiting on as every other neighboring municipality had given the green light weeks ago. They also put out "guidelines" as to how homeowners should hand out treats, specifically place a bowl of candy on the porch or on a table and let kids come up and take one from the bowl. Yeah, right! Like that's a plan? In the first place, the first group of older kids comes by and that bowl is history. More importantly, I don 't know how having 400 kids with their sweaty, boogery, little hands rifling through a candy bowl is in any way considered a safe method. We'll have a designated person hand out a candy bar to each kid, dropping it into their bag with a gloved hand. If parents are uncomfortable with that, oh well...

·
The Haunting Girl
962 Posts
I'm thrilled that my town has announced that ToT is a go as well! They have suggested hours (4pm to 9pm) and some super basic recommendations (wear a real mask and have bagged treats). I'm hoping everything goes well for everyone and that the towns that banned ToT reconsider.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I usually do a walk-through, where you go through the yard, up onto the porch for candy, and down and out through the other part of the yard.

No walk-through this year. I'm doing a display of several things out front, moving the fruit stand out to be the largely unmanned but not unwatched candy bowl spot. With the trick scarecrow holding a candy bowl at one side. Thinking about putting a big pump bottle of sanitizer out there too.

Down the other side, since we're on a corner, I usually only do a display there. So that's still the plan, but I've already moved the smokehouse (which I normally make everyone walk through the inside) out to the side yard for display only.

In some ways, it's kind of nice to have an "easy" year, with fewer big structural builds to do. I'm at the end of my rope, fatigue wise. Also, easy introduction for the new neighbors...

Our town is following the state, who seems to be kind of following the CDC guidelines. In that they both just pasted those graphics, and went "see, Halloween isn't cancelled!" and "use good judgement!" (LOLLLLLL, yeah right, like that's doing any good). I'm trying to strike a balance between putting up a display, and basically isolating myself completely because I can NOT afford to get sick, nor do I want to be responsible for crowds. They did cancel the downtown thing, but encouraged ToT at the same time. I'm not really sure what to expect numbers wise.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, if the weekend nights are any indicator, there may be a bigger turnout for me this year. I have never had groups stopping and taking pictures- seems to be a regular thing every weekend. I didn’t put up anything to block the “entryway”, and luckily, no one has walked into the yard yet. Still deciding between a candy chute and the farm stand idea. I see the merits to both.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts