Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be projecting some of the AtmosFX vertical scenes this year using a couple of Hitachi CP-X2010 projectors and some Micca media players. There doesn't appear to be any way to rotate the movies on either the Micca or the projectors, so I'm planning on just setting the projectors on their sides for the night.

Vents are to the front and back of the unit, and speakers (which I'm not using) are to the sides, so I won't be restricting airflow. The manual states not to turn the units on their sides (or backs or fronts) but I can't see any good reason that I won't be able to do that for the night.

Any thoughts/horror stories regarding this? I can't think of any other way to display these vertical scenes...

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
While I have never done it, lots of people have. If you're not blocking any cooling vents (in or out) it should be fine. The only other thing I can think of is to have the lense end up if you can. Heat rises and if the lense end is down, it may allow too much heat to travel into the rest of the projector. Not saying it will, but something to consider. If the manual specifically states not to do it, I'd keep an eye on it to make sure everything is fine.

·
Registered
582 Posts
While I have never done it, lots of people have. If you're not blocking any cooling vents (in or out) it should be fine. The only other thing I can think of is to have the lense end up if you can. Heat rises and if the lense end is down, it may allow too much heat to travel into the rest of the projector. Not saying it will, but something to consider. If the manual specifically states not to do it, I'd keep an eye on it to make sure everything is fine.
On top of that, get a small fan to blow through the vents and add additional cooling. I've recommended it before, but K-Mart has a 4" Kenmore fan that you can get for $10 that works great. I initially got mine when my CPU fan went out and I had to keep it cool until the new one arrived. So yes, this little fan blowing on the CPU kept it really cool, moreso than the actual cooling fan does.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Most modern projectors can be set on a table or ceiling mounted upside down, so turning one on its side should be fine (YMMV). Just keep the vents clear and maybe circulate air around the projector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts