Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love the lenticular image dustin2dust had made. (See below)

I am not sure that I would be able to get my husband to do the makeup and posing for the second photo so I wondered if it might be possible to alter a photo we have (the nice one) to look creepy for the second part (bloody faces, creepy eyes, dirty or tattered clothes).

Does anything think this would work? Are there any photoshop pros out there that might like to try it for me if I email a picture?

DSCF7834.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
oh now that is totally cool , dustin2dust that is awsome .

halloween princess , i would love to help you out i am clueless in that departement , i have paint shop pro but dont play enough in it to try this , but i too need to know how to make this , i love lenticulars

·
Hauntless
8,344 Posts
I'd be glad to do it for you if you'd like. I'm not a 'Pro' but I messed with it enough to at least attempt it. If it turns out good, I'd like to do one with hubby and I. In exchange, you have to tell me how you make it into a lenticular image. :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terra, that's great! An attempt is better than I could do as I do not have a photo editing program nor know how to use one. If you pm me your email I will send a couple photos. I am not sure if a smiling or non-smiling photo would be easiest to alter into "creepy" so I chose one of each. Although, my part of the exchange isn't so great. You have to send the two images into a company and the combine them. Here is the website Dustin2dust shared
Flip Photos, Event Photography, Animated Pictures, Two Pictures in One, 3D Animation but I have found a free program that you are supposed to be able to do it yourself with Make lenticular images with Lentikit - Download Squad

·
Registered
156 Posts
You actually want to work with the original picture, it makes for a smoother transistion. I actually did my avatar in photoshop. You just neeed to find photos to composite with the original or use the brushes to add effects. There are several ways of aproaching this.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for the info. I downloaded the software and am going to order some lenses, if I can get it to work I will let you know. :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Problem with the software to make your own is that it does not come with the lens or screen that goes on top. If you don't have that, then it's just a messed up looking picture. They take the pictures, slice them lengthwise and mesh them together alternating a strip from one image and then the other. The lens on the top is what allows you to see one image or the other at one time instead of seeing the slices of both. The lenticulars that I have seen have the lens glued to the combined final image. I tried taking one apart to see if I could use it for a home made version and it didn't look to promising. The other thing is that the lenticulars I have seen in the stores have smaller ridges in the lens, which I'm guessing means smaller slices and the one I ordered has larger. This leads me to believe that there are multiple sizes you can slice the photos to making it even more difficult to find the correct lens.
Arastorm, have you found a place that sells the lenses? I searched but wasn't able to find anything.
The gal at Get Flipped was excited to do our picture because they usually do them at parties for normal people acting normal. BORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIING!
I think my man and I are going to do a new one every year. It was a lot of fun and we both love looking at it. I need to start brainstorming what the next one should look like!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes, I have found a few sites that sell lenses. The higher the number the more "slices" per say or beveled edges. The software actually allows you to define that. I am learning more as I go. The reason for glueing it or it having a sticky back is so that the lines in the picture do not get misaligned. I will keep you posted as I get more info. What is funny though is that Liquid Crystal picture frames are coming down in price and you can actually do so much more with them. You can use animated gifs or jpegs and add sound. Here are a few sites for peeps that r interested:

Choosing Right Lens Sheet
Lenticular lens - How it works | Lenstar.org
60 LPI Lenticular Lens Blanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
That's really cool that you found them! I had searched and came up with nothing. It's too bad that the largest they have is only 5x7. I wonder if we could organize a bulk buy since you have to buy the lenses in quantities of 25 or 100. This could make for a good tutorial in the project group that Muffy set up. I wonder what products can be used as adhesive in the place of the thousand dollar roll they sell on that site. My search came up with mostly manufacturing sites.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just ordered my lenticular from Get Flipped! I am very excited and will let everyone know how it looks when it arrives. I am glad they were excited about doing your Dustin2dust. I thought they might think I'm crazy.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ooooooo, congratulations! I'd love to see how yours turns out!
They thought we were a hoot. I'm sure they will be amused to see more Halloween versions coming in.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thhe first DVD for Pirates of the Caribean has a photo play in the extras
That is awesome! How did you get the screen shot of it? Is there an option to save it as a jpeg? Do you have to load a head shot of a specific size or is there an option of full body poses or multiple people as well? What a good excuse to run out and get that movie.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That is awesome! How did you get the screen shot of it? Is there an option to save it as a jpeg? Do you have to load a head shot of a specific size or is there an option of full body poses or multiple people as well? What a good excuse to run out and get that movie.
Hey sorry it took so long to reply. Things are getting busy at the TV station, with the on set of the holidays.
Yes the programe has all the needed photo (shop) effect and can save as a Jpeg. you would have to do the same image over and over for a group I think.
but it is fun too. I did crop the finished image to cut the Priate logo from the top. LOL. I GUESS YOU just do one full face and then save that in a Photo (shop) program, and make an alpha channel with them for your own effect.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
You could definately photoshop the hubby up to make his into a ghoul! It's too bad you can't get him to dress up for it. I wish I still had my old photoshop software :( I would be happy to make an attempt at it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts