Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there are people from Romania on this forum? Or does anyone know of any online forum/group dedicated to Romanian fans of Halloween? I'd like to get in touch with more people that like Halloween, as I do, but that live in the same theoretically non-Halloween country as me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the U.S. but I would love to hear more about this. How is Halloween celebrated in Romania??
It's not. That's the problem, I like Halloween and wish it were celebrated, but it's not and a lot of people are hostile to it because 1) it's foreign 2) it's... not what people usually think off when they think of a holiday. Images of cadavers and devils are hated by a lot of people here, especially traditionalistic people and they can't imagine how such imagery can be a source of joy in any way.

There are exceptions, but they are so few that it's hard to find people that want to celebrate Halloween. Even when you do find a more open-minded person, it's not high on their priority list. It's hard to find people that would want to organize/go to a Halloween party and even if they are open to the idea they need convincing because like I said it's not a priority.

Clubs and bars organize Halloween parties and that's really the only thing to do during Halloween for adults. There may also be workshops for things like carving pumpkings.

Some high-schools may celebrate Halloween if they are internationally oriented. This includes British or American schools in Bucharest or, as it was my case during high-school, the English language teacher may take thing a step further than just teach the language and decide to encourage cultural exchange in a more immersible experience and celebrate Halloween for his/her students.

In both cases (clubs and highschools) only the youngest generations participate. Anyone older than 35 is not interested in Halloween. And even then it is a minority out of them.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
My sister and brother in law will be celebrating halloween in Romania this year! They fly out tomorrow! They will be spending a week in Romania, then off to Ireland for a week as well! I think they are attending an evening event (party) at Bran Castle, I believe!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts