Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than Redneck, I haven't found anyone in my new home state that has a passion for Halloween! I've got to figure out what to do this year. I don't know anyone (yet) so a party is prob. not going to work out, and I'm too far out in the sticks for ToT's. I even tried posting several ads on Craigslist trying to find people to get together to do a haunt (for charity, or a good cause or just for fun) and I've gotten no replies! I'm so lost - any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hello, hello! I'm a student at MSU Bozeman, and I have been amazed seeing at least a few other forum members who hail from Billings or Butte. Not sure if they would care about me posting who they are, so we shall see if they will 'show up.' There are some impressive haunt/effect talents in the state.
I'm afraid that I'm probably not going to be in MT for any more Halloweens as I'm finishing up my undergrad degree and plan on attending a grad school somewhere else, but best of luck. There may be a few more who also have rather ambiguous location names in their post heading (like me - maybe I'll have to change that), so there may be a fair number of Montana haunters prowling the forum;).

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
years ago I was stationed north of Havre. We coordinated with their community affiars council and ran a haunted house at the National Guard Armory building to raise money for the DARE program.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You don't mention where you are in Montana (in-the-sticks is a very wide geographical area around here). All that aside, welcome to our beautiful state!! :) We're in Billings.

My husband and I don't really qualify as "haunters" - but we've been asked to open up our home haunt (which we do for our annual party) every year. So far we've declined, but our yard haunt is quickly moving out of "static graveyard" territory and into something of a smallish haunt every year. We're both pretty passionate about our Halloween party and all the details that go into turning our house into a theme haunt for that night, if that's of any interest to you...

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
You don't mention where you are in Montana (in-the-sticks is a very wide geographical area around here). All that aside, welcome to our beautiful state!! :) We're in Billings.

My husband and I don't really qualify as "haunters" - but we've been asked to open up our home haunt (which we do for our annual party) every year. So far we've declined, but our yard haunt is quickly moving out of "static graveyard" territory and into something of a smallish haunt every year. We're both pretty passionate about our Halloween party and all the details that go into turning our house into a theme haunt for that night, if that's of any interest to you...
well, where are the pics?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am *so* bad at pictures...I always forget to take them (the last couple years, I left the camera in the office with the dogs, so couldn't get it until after the party was over. So all I have are shots from when we were setting up, unfortunately. I'm trying to get better about the whole picture thing.

This is one half of our yard last year - if you click it, you'll go to my flickr page, and can scroll around through some other Halloween scenes from our Treasure Island party last year. This year I'm planning on building more elaborate props for the yard.

I think there may be a couple from the year before too, but not many. I've never been a "picture-taker".

But if anyone wants an invite to the party... ;-)

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry - I was having a "duh" moment - I should have specified that I'm in the Missoula area. Still looking for some nearby fellow fanatics! Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts