Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This late in the game I have had to cancel my charity haunt for this year (it was going to be a big one) and need any ideas you might have to my new theme. My son has cerebral palsy and has major surgery on November 16 where I will be off work at least a month to be with him. That means I can not financially afford to have the big show this year, maybe next, long as he's ok. BUT I am going to have family and a few friends, about 50 people that plan on helping with food. My cousin is renting me a dvd projector and we plan on showing a scary movie to everyone on the side of the garage. So I guess my theme is Scary Movie night, any ideas on how to decorate my two car garage to set the scene? I appreciate any suggestions.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
I hope your son's surgery goes well. :)

For the movies, I'd guess it would depend on what movies you're showing.

I would think that just about everything would work with "Scary Movies" - have lots of cobwebbing, dark lighting, flickering (LED) candles, and put out any props you have that fit with the movies you're showing.

Registered

Party city has a 50 ft. stone wall Scene Setters roll $20
battery powered pillar candles
strobe light
black lights
fog machine /timer & fog chiller
Rent a popcorn popper & supplies to go along with theme.
Universal Studio classic monster movies work well for all ages.
Add food, chairs, & guests.

P.S. I hope everything goes well with your son's surgery.

P.P.S. Duct tape on the back of the scene setter will help it hold to the walls.

Registered
All I can really say is use everything you got for Props and lots of webs and as for the movies I would mix up both classic horror movies and the newer stuff (be sure to put House on Haunted Hill in the mix)

Registered
With each movie, have one of your friends dress up as the main villain and make a "surprise" entrance to scare everyone. I'm sure there will be screams and laughs for everyone.

Registered
Sorry to hear that you've had to cancel your previous plans, and I hope that the surgery goes well and your family will be blessed. I am glad to hear that you are still going to have a party of some kind since it will help with keeping your spirits up as well as your families. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts