Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tought since it is cold and snowing again it would be nice to talk garden a little and i was curious to see who like gardening too and would love to see pictures of fellow members gardens , whats your favorite plant or spot of your garden etc....

i confess i love gardening ( my second passion after halloween) and at this time of year i miss it alot .....it is truly food for my soul , so it is the time of year i order my plants and do my wish list of plants and projects too....my favorite plants are hostas and i have about 400 variety .

so here are a few pic of mine from 2008 wich was a CRAPPY summer with rain rain rain ...

this is a bed i finally completed this year or should i saw finally re arrange and enlarged a bit ;)

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Can't see your pics here, will check them out at home.

There is a gardening social group here.......been quiet in the winter, but it will pick back up in a couple months. You join and post your pics!

·
Creepin When Your Sleepin
1,143 Posts
That is just lovely. I have a big old brown thumb when it comes to gardening.
You better get that looked at if you have a brown thumb that don't sound good to me
....unless your prepping your thumb for Halloween 2009 then its ok!!

·
Creepin When Your Sleepin
1,143 Posts
Oh and A witch from Canada your flower bed looks beautiful. I love flowers and such but I just don't have the time or money for it we do a little but not much!! Now my mother on the other hand is out of control with gardens and waterfalls and such but looks great I will get some pics of her place this spring!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and A witch from Canada your flower bed looks beautiful. I love flowers and such but I just don't have the time or money for it we do a little but not much!! Now my mother on the other hand is out of control with gardens and waterfalls and such but looks great I will get some pics of her place this spring!

creepy crawler , gardening here is like halloween the budget always gets blown up LOL , but i am lucky as i have a good friend who as gardens ( lots and lots of it ) and she does that as a small retierment business selling hostas and plants so i always order with her or from her and she always let me have the cost prices like she as and we split the shipping expenses , so we are a small group of about 5 always ordering with her so it cuts the expenses alot ....

here are a few more

this is the pool side from spring blooms to summer full blooms , 7 years ago this was all grass , all the plant beds here me and my husband all do ourselves , their was nothing when we moved here 7 years ago not even grass in the front yard .

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't see your pics here, will check them out at home.

There is a gardening social group here.......been quiet in the winter, but it will pick back up in a couple months. You join and post your pics!
thanks for letting me know about the group , been here a few years and didnt even know their was a gardener's scocial group on here :p , a smarter u sent me a pm too about it so i have joined :)

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Absolutely stunning! I could spend all day looking at your beautiful gardens. I see some of my favorites in there. Daylilies, Moonbeam Coreopsis and Lady's Mantle. LOVE IT!

I would do more gardening but I have a small lot. But, I did do one big project last year that I'm kind of proud of. We had a dead spot on our side yard plus it was somewhat of a no man's land so we wanted to put something nice where the dead grass was and to somewhat mark that that weird strip of land was actually part of our house :) So this is what I did.

Before:

After:

That little strip of a garden at the bottom right corner is the beginning of one of the two raingardens I also built. It's filled with my favorite flower, Black-eyed Susans.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
terra small lot ???? ;) big enough for a gardener to have fun hehehe loks like you have a nice place :)

your little project is awsome , always nice to have a little peacefull place to sit and relax .

i am currently making a garden album in the forum i will had pictures there to share with all of you :)

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Thanks :) That's where we have our glass of wine and hubby has his cigar. By the way, the little ornamental tree in the center of the circle is a new variety. It's a weeping redbud! I can't wait to see it mature. This is what it's supposed to look like when it's all grown up:

This is the parent tree. It was discovered growing under another tree. That's why it's extra bent over. The variety is called, 'Lavender Twist.'

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
I love to garden too Witch..... but I don't have time for it. Maybe this year will be my year to get started..... Since we are mostly done with the house, I can spend that time on the yard. I have lots of hosta too, since we have lots of trees they are a good plant for the shade.
I'll try to get pics.

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
I too love to garden, but the older I get the harder it is too keep up with all the weeds! I don't have pics, but I have flower gardens and a small veggie garden, I don't have yards like either of you, Witch or Terra. Witch, you have gorgous gardens,and yard. It is what I want my yard to be like but never will! LOL !Terra, I like the way you planted the garden in your yard, it really make the yard alot "homier" (SP?) than before with the bare space,
I am glad you guys jopined the garden group, I haven't checked in there in a week or so will have to get back soon

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the nice words on my gardens , it is tons of work , espacially keeping the weeds off :rolleyes: everytime i have finished it needs to be done all over again :mad: ....

terra that's one gorgeous tree :eek: , i sometimes wish i would live in a more warmer climate here like zone 6 so i could have more shrubs and flowering trees .

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
omg A witch from Canada, you have the most gorgeous property to work with and an amazing looking house, lucky lucky woman! I love your flower beds,wow! And Terra I just love that Weeping Redbud, it's awesome!

Well when we moved to where we are now, things changed in my life so my gardening kinda went onto hold. I have a designed layout I've done up in a project book of what I want, and we're hoping to be moving into our first home of our own this coming fall so I won't be adding to much to my garden I have now. As it is I invested a great deal of money into it, it's a rental we're in and when we moved in all that was in the front was weeds over 5 feet high, no soil, pretty much all clay and garbage, it was quite an archeology dig once I got in there before adding proper soil, people thought I was nuts when they found out I was only renting, but hell I had to live here, might as well make something I can live with out of it. I never have put out all my orniments which drives me crazy, but I tell you, once we're into our own place, everything up in our back room baby will be outside :)

But these are a few shots of what I planted and what came up the first summer after. Although I did do more last year I never had a chance to get out and take pictures due to the damn high UV light, it was a wicked summer. Hopefully the links I'll post here will work for you as I'm not putting them on here from my photobucket so we'll see. Nevermind, had to go through photobucket, and somehow I see a few never uploaded, ug! anyways a few, I'll try to upload the others another time.

G]

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dutchess i love it , nice little place well arranged ,ou took advantage of what space you had , looks great , i like the little tombstone in the urn ;) nice touch

i hope your feeling better and healing well after your operation my friend ......

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Dutchess, so pretty and cheerful. Laughed out loud when I saw the tombstone stuck in the pot. :) Don't feel bad about gardening a rental, I did the same thing. I had an apartment in Florida that had a spot that was so overgrown it was literally a jungle. I spent weeks clearing it out. What I discovered was a couple of statuaries and a little sitting bench. Here's the sad part...my apartment was opposite of it and on the second floor. When I cleared it out, people moved into the apartment that faced it on the bottom floor. They insisted it was theirs and I couldn't be in there. The landlord agreed with them. Boy was I ticked! But, I got over it. I found that just working in the garden is terrific stress therapy.

Witch, I'm with you on the weeding. I lived in Portland, Oregon and that climate is perfect for weeds. There's a joke about you can plant a broomstick in the ground and it would sprout there, LOL! Weeding was never-ending!

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Well the plants are a little wild at the time of the pics, but I took these when I was just about complete with the trellis project out back (summer 1998). Now in the summer its completely covered with grapes and there is a small bench and water fountain in the back corner to sit and relax.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts