Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
For Christmas, there are names like Noel, Holly, Klaus, Nick, etc. that fit with the season.

What are there for Halloween names? Seasonal, perhaps spooky, autumnal even. 馃巸
Preferably not looking for scary/horror-related names.

His name is Roger Clyne
Some classic horror stars names could work:
Boris (Karloff) Bela (Lugosi), Vincent (Price), Lon(Chaney, Sr. & Jr.), Christopher (Lee), Claude (Rains), Basil (Rathbone), Peter (Cushing & Lorre), Maila (Nurmi who was Vampira)

Author:
Bram (Stoker, & Bram is short for Abraham)

Just some general Halloween/Fall/scary stuff related names:
Casper, Jack, Lilith, Persephone, Rhiannon, Poe, Raven,

And there is always The Addams Family names:
Morticia (or Tish as Gomez calls her), Gomez, Pugsley, Wednesday, Lurch, Cousin Itt, Ophelia (Morticia's sister), Thing, & Grandmama.

Though I'd like to think that no one has ever given their child the proper name of "Cousin Itt", "Thing" or "Grandmama", these days you just never know!! :D

Registered
How about Edgar, Allen (Poe), Annabelle (from Annabelle Lee), Frank (-enstein), Wolf (-man, Blitzer), Graves, Hal (oween), Shelley (author Mary Shelley), Pit (and the Pendulum), Zom (bie) (ok, it's a little out there) and lots of character names from Poe's and other's stories.

Registered
Jack (O'lantern)

Lily (Flower associated with death)

Jezebel (A very naughty women)

Luna (Moon)

Willow (Witches like this name)

Hilda (This one also)

His name is Roger Clyne
The one thing I like about all these name choices is that most of them are old fashioned, traditional (or traditional sounding) names.

And many remind me of The Golden Girls or my great-grandmother's friends. My great-grandmother was Maude Irene, her sister was Blanche, & some of her friends were Bessie, Claudia, Etta, Gladys, & Cornelia. Her DIL was Muriel but called Merle, other DIL was Martha (my grandmother) but called Marcie.

I love these names!! Keep 'em comin'!! And please let us know the name you do eventually choose even if it's not one of these names.

Also, these are ALL great names for pets too! A friend's father used to give his cats "old lady" names like Blanche, Claudia, & Gladys.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
The one thing I like about all these name choices is that most of them are old fashioned, traditional (or traditional sounding) names.

I love these names!! Keep 'em comin'!! And please let us know the name you do eventually choose even if it's not one of these names.
Yes! And they are fairly unique names, too, so there shouldn't be (too many) duplicates in school!

I will! =)

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Lucy would be great if your last name was Furr!! And it would have to be Lucy, not Lucille, just Lucy. Or maybe Luci.
Last name is not Furr. 馃槅 That would be a great last name for a character in a Halloween story, though!

His name is Roger Clyne
Matt Groening did a cartoon show for Netflix called "Disenchanted" & one of the characters in it is called Luci. He's a demon & looks like this:

Great show, great character with a great name!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts