Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's great to have different spooky recordings for haunts, of course.

But there are some that are extra fun that can just be listened to, for any reason or for no reason at all! Have you ever been bored in traffic during a long commute, until you put on a spooky recording?

Yeah!!

Like Disney's "Thrilling, Chilling Sounds," or "Night in a Graveyard/Night in a Haunted House," with the deep-voiced British narrator...occasionally the odd weird cassette. Hey, sometimes it came out on CD and sometimes it didn't!

What are your favorites?

·
Registered
20,817 Posts
Nothing wrong with that. When I was attending college, I would drive with either a Midnight Syndicate or Nox Arcana CD playing, plus I would listen to one of their albums most nights before I would go to sleep. One evening at school, there were very few of us remaining, so I opted to play Midnight Syndicate's Vampyre album out loud, which had another student remarking how dark it was (personally, I think that the particular track that he had commented on, Graveyard, is beautiful). I also listen to some more mainstream groups/music (Stone Sour at this particular moment), but I tend to favor dark instrumentals.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,390 Posts
I've been listening to Halloween records year-round since I was a kid. I've always loved them. My favorite is Disney's "Thrilling, Chilling Sounds" simply because it was my first album, handed down from my uncle. I also love spooky sound effects recordings. Lately I've been listening to Nox Arcana's "Gothic, Both of Verse 13's albums, some Audio Zombie and Raison D'etre.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I still listen to the entire, original "Monster Mash" album by Bobby "Boris" Pickett. I literally wore out the first LP I had as a kid. There are some great and funny songs on it. I even have an autographed "Monster Mash" CD from when I met Bobby "Boris" Pickett years ago.

Some of the songs are a riot:
Blood Bank Blues
Me and My Mummy
Graveyard Shift
and many more...

Reactions: kmeyer1313
1 - 10 of 10 Posts