Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hrm, I'm assuming that it's going to be worn on the back, with the 2 closest legs possibly bent onto the shoulders? So I don't know... Maybe an octopus? A beetle? Ummm... Or maybe it'll be worn under his shirt in his front and it'll look like those tentacle things are growing out of him?

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hrm, I'm assuming that it's going to be worn on the back, with the 2 closest legs possibly bent onto the shoulders? So I don't know... Maybe an octopus? A beetle? Ummm... Or maybe it'll be worn under his shirt in his front and it'll look like those tentacle things are growing out of him?
Oh, it will be worn under a shirt all right. A jacket too. Coming out of the back. :) Probably just gave it away.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can only assume there is an Otto Octavius costume forthcoming?
Nope. Good guess though!

Ok, I'll just let the cat out of the bag since there does not seem to be a whole lot of interest in the guessing game...

[/IMG]

This will be the back tentacles for my 13 year old son's Slender Man costume. Gonna run to Goodwill tomorrow and look for a suit. I'm going to cut a hole for each tentacle in the back of the jacket, then slip them through and glue the base to the inside of the jacket. I curved the luan base to somewhat fit the contours of his back and lined the underside with material from an old sweatshirt so it would be comfy. He will be able to slip the jacket off to ride in the car, then quickly "suit up" when he gets out. We picked up a white morph mask and gloves today at Spirit. I might make finger extensions for the gloves.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
13 years old? hope he's tall enough.
He's not super tall, but just a little above average for his age. about 5'5" Not really thin enough either. lol. But that's what he wants to do, so that's what we are doing. Got a white shirt, black jacket and pants from Goodwill today. Waiting for him to get home from school so we can fit the tentacles to the jacket while he is wearing it to get them positioned right. I got the jacket between mine and his size so either could use it in the future. I'm taller than him (5'11") but not as stocky so it should work out ok. Arms will just be a little short for me if I ever wear it. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know what Slenderman is but that picture looks pretty badass so I can only imagine how cool the costume will be =D Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The whole Slender Man thing seems to have really taken off with the younger teens. Slender Man and Slender Man Many of the photos show tentacles coming from it's back. Aside from making the tentacles this was a really easy costume to put together. We spent a grand total of $30 on it. Half of that was the mask, gloves, and foam pipe insulation. We picked up a coat, shirt, pants and a tie from Goodwill today. There are several pre-made Slender man costumes available, but none with tentacles, and none that look very good. And most of them are around $50! As soon as my son gets home we are goig to try and get some better pics and post them in the costume section, but in the mean time here is one of me wearing the completed costume. It was a little snug on me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I hope your son does not get scared easily (cannot hide in a group of friends) and does not plan on riding in a vehicle.... I do like the idea very much. I saw the original picture as being something where the cardboard base would fit against the back of the head. I was a little off in my body location.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope your son does not get scared easily (cannot hide in a group of friends) and does not plan on riding in a vehicle.... I do like the idea very much. I saw the original picture as being something where the cardboard base would fit against the back of the head. I was a little off in my body location.

Lol, he has been going to haunted houses since he was little and they have almost never scared him so i don't think there will be problems there. He is 13 now, and rather than trick or treat himself this year he wants to dress up and take his 4 year old brother trick or treating (with mom along of course). As for the car ride I planned for that since we have to take the kids to a nearby neighborhood to TOT because our house in on the edge of a neighborhood and there are not many Halloween friendly houses close by. I made it so that he can just take the jacket off since the tentacles are attached to it and not him. When he gets out all he has to do is throw it back on and button up. I am going to have to heavily modify the mask to improve visibility though. My plan is to glue a white hard plastic blank mask to the inside of the morph mask, then cut out the eye holes and replace the material with a finer white fabric that is easier to see through.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts