1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
remember to light the subject forward and back with the same kind of lights. and try several setting before you at pressed for time. so you can pick the best. I like a slower shutter speed 1/10 and smaller aperture f8.
Note slower shutter speed do add great shadow and lighting effect. it also can be difficult as the subject must stand still or look blurry.
but it you do it right cover the camera, use a very slow speed, take the image without the subject move a bark colored cloth between the camera and the shot have them jump to their poses and remove the cloth and cover the camera again the finish the timeout and you will get GHOST images.
just don't bump the camera or the set. good luck.
The photographer is always there but never has proof they were.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It of course is meant for Photo shoots.... but i was thinking of a background for my cemetery scene outside..

·
Ghouls Rule
2,631 Posts
I bought one for my pirate scene, there is a seam that is glued horizontal across the middle,so its a long top and bottom piece glued together. It lasted a few years in my garage nailed along the very top, but last year it came apart at that glue seam, probably from heat.

The "fabric" is almost like paper but it can be draped a bit, the image is never as crisp as the one they sell the photo of, so its best as a background rather than a type of banner imo. I cant say if its waterproof, or sunproof, but the sun is rather damaging to everything unless under a covered porch or something.

I really liked it for my pirate scene and am thinking of getting one made up for my Headless Horseman and Carnival theme, depends on what Im doing. I bought mine on ebay and they can even make one of your own design for an added fee, which wasnt too much more to do so.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
So far so good, I'm only set up one night. maybe two.
You'll be good then. I was just assuming that you'd leave it out for the whole month of October. I'm a photographer and have seen these but never bought one because of the relatively poor quality. You're right; it would be prefect for a haunted backdrop though.

Like Kittyvibe says, they have a seem. Might be worthwhile to reinforce it with some tape on the back so it will last longer.

·
Evil Wizard
2,169 Posts
I've seen similar backgrounds offered on eBay before too. I've often thought about using one as a backdrop for the display inside my front double-window.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts