Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the tombs and coffin ideas .. I don't think I have time this year though. My main chiller would work best sitting right in front of the front steps. Any quick and easy ideas to disguise it exempt through fabric over it and call it a table? :eek:

House, steps

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could just build a wooden crate to sit over top of it?
That's a good thought, I might have some pallets around here, maybe a few lashed together?? I was doing pretty well until I remembered the chiller had to sit out in the open. Last year we put a table over it with a table cloth, but it was bulky, in the way and looked out of place.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay expanding on great crate idea ... I wish I knew where to get a dragon head or mask .. ASAP .. I could put the head on one side of the crate shooting fog and make a quick tail to go out the side .. Wrap a chain around crate .. With a sign thAt say don't wake the dragon .. Or don't feed the dragon. Love it .. But probably can't get there this year, great for next.

Hmmm .. What to do with crate to make it fit in ..

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,130 Posts
I had thought of that, but I think by the time I pipe it to where I need it, it would defeat the purpose of chilling it. My front yard is relatively empty.
You are correct about the potential for the corrugated drain pipe to pose an issue given the distance from a hidden chiller.

However, you CAN overcome that little obstacle with a little planning. ;)

If you freeze a case of cheap bottled water, and shove it down the hose, it will keep the fog chilled as it travels. It helps to have some spare freezer space to rotate 12 bottles through, while another 12 are in the pipe chilling the fog, but maybe it's food for thought?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are correct about the potential for the corrugated drain pipe to pose an issue given the distance from a hidden chiller.

However, you CAN overcome that little obstacle with a little planning. ;)

If you freeze a case of cheap bottled water, and shove it down the hose, it will keep the fog chilled as it travels. It helps to have some spare freezer space to rotate 12 bottles through, while another 12 are in the pipe chilling the fog, but maybe it's food for thought?

Very neat idea, Thanks!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I seriously appreciate everyone's help and brainstorming !!!

Ok, due to total lack of time since I won't be here this weekend and I still have a bunch to do .. I think this is what I will probably do. I think since the cooler sits fine on the steps, I might grab another 7' foot section of fencing, give it the same paint job as the one I used to block off the patio haunted pumpkin patch area. Then tie it to the front steps rail on one side, so it can be slid aside to reach fog machine/chiller in back. Paint the chiller/cooler and hose flat black .. Put a skeleton in front tied to the fence . Place flower pots on sides and pumpkins. Should hide it pretty well, plus keep people off porch and wandering down into patio area where singing pumpkins will be. Hose can go out between side rails and hid in mulch, dispensing behind a stone.

Thoughts, opinions? Should work and be quick .. Takes me a couple of hours to stain and weather fencing with paint.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like that'd work well enough for this year. Anything that saves you time and work is always good.
I'm with you there. I have all these thoughts/ideas swirling in my head .. It's just getting enough time to bring them to life!

I'm in love the crate and dragon idea !! I already have plans to implement that next Halloween ... next year will be the year of the dragon here in general. I have this picture saved and I'm fairly positive I can replicate a head and about a 4 foot tail section. I'm saving milk jugs to cut my scales out of .. That and rattle can PVC paint .. Then shade in by hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
i'd find a big enough box that it fits in spay paint it black and stick it on top of the porch off to the side of the stairs if the hose will reach what ever your running it to unless your trying to keep people off the porch then the fence in front of it with maybe some black poster board between the to fast cheap and easy

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I use a low cardboard box to set my fogger on and place them under plastic rocks. In this picture it is toward the right in line with the green headstone The low cardboard box is just to keep the fogger out of any possible water leakage from the plastic frozen water bottles I lay all around the cooler. This helps my fog to say lower to the ground. I bought the rocks from Home Depot and just drilled a hole in them to let the fog out

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts