Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having my annual party on the 18th and am about to burst with excitement.:D It is the only party we have with no children and I am ready to let down my hair (after I remove the wig I'll be wearing) and have fun. Just wanted to let you all know how much your suggestions have inspired me with decorating, invitations and food. Our unfinished basement is a "haunted house" and most of the fun happens down there. We have lots of props and the walls are wrapped up. I am so pleased with how everything turned out and hope the party is a blast. I can't wait to see everyone's costumes. I will post pics as soon as I get them loaded. Thanks again for all the suggestions and I wish all of you guys much success on your upcoming parties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,867 Posts
Hope you have lots of fun!

(I'm just anxious... I'm freaking out and my party is on Nov. 1)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started freaking out in August and having nightmares about everyone showing up for the party and we weren't ready (like no food or decor). Then, once the invitations go out, I start panicking because people aren't RSVPing. I have a good crowd coming though and really all of the people I care about and have the most fun with are coming. Excited doesn't even begin to describe it. I feel like a kid getting ready to trick or treat.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I started freaking out in August and having nightmares about everyone showing up for the party and we weren't ready (like no food or decor). Then, once the invitations go out, I start panicking because people aren't RSVPing. I have a good crowd coming though and really all of the people I care about and have the most fun with are coming. Excited doesn't even begin to describe it. I feel like a kid getting ready to trick or treat.
Oh, I can relate!! I've been having nightmares since about August time too - I had a particularly chilling one where time had suddenly skipped ahead to 5pm on the day of the party! I hadn't given out any invitations so hardly anyone knew where to go, I hadn't decorated the hall, I hadn't finished my costume and I hadn't bought or made any food :eek: it was awful! Thank goodness it was just a nightmare though.

It's 15 days approx til my party and I am so excited. Sounds like yours is going to be fantastic! I can't wait to see pictures :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
hahaha, and here I thought I was the only one! :)

I had a nightmare a couple of days ago that I started getting ready for my party and cleaned the house and set up the food etc. but when guests started arriving they were disappointed because there were no decorations!!! I was absolutely horrified! I had forgotten to put up the decor! I think with all the planning and buying of props etc. it really got to my head! I can't wait to start getting the house ready for the party, including the decor!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hope you have a great party! Being excited about is really important. This year, I am somewhat un-excited. Not dreading it or anything, just not as enthusiastic as years past. Maybe the spirit will come back in the next week or so as it gets closer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts