Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Own Any Antari Products?
How Are They?

I'm Thinking About Getting An Antari F-80Z Fog Machine.
Found A 700 Watt One For Around $50.

Visual effect lighting Technology Electronic instrument Electronic device

·
Super Moderator
5,902 Posts
Never owned Antari as they tend to run a bit more expensive than the competitors. It may very well be a case of getting what you paid for.

Here you picture a 700W fog machine, but I notice it only shows a manual fog button, which would suggest you have to buy a timer remote separately.

YOU NEED A TIMER unless you want to hook the machine up to a program/show and fire it through that, or you like to sit there with your finger on the button.

If you're in the market for a 700W machine, I would recommend the Spencer's fog machine that comes with a timer remote any day of the week with no hesitation.

It's $45, but comes with the timer (~$15 for a timer in my experience). You can catch them on sale in your local stores on occasion.

http://www.spencersonline.com/product/fog-machine-with-timer11/

I've owned 4 of these, and the machines themselves have never quit on me.

2 caveats:
Do not use the spencer's fog juice, it sucks, and can clog your machine. Get froggy's/some other high quality juice.
The timer remote is not compatible with the supposedly universal ones sold separately around Halloween. You can't replace them, so keep them out of the rain (learned the hard way one Halloween night)

Now, these are 700W machines. They are good for fogging a local area, a specific prop, etc. But, not likely going to do much in the way of atmosphere.

I will also point out, there is a considerable upgrade when you jump from 700W to 1000W machines. If you can swing one, and are looking to fog a decent sized area, get a 1000W. Then, if it's a really large area, a couple 700W's might actually do better than a single 1000W for the same price.

Decisions decisions...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, Thanks, I'll have a look at Spencer's fog machine...

Never owned Antari as they tend to run a bit more expensive than the competitors. It may very well be a case of getting what you paid for.

Here you picture a 700W fog machine, but I notice it only shows a manual fog button, which would suggest you have to buy a timer remote separately.

YOU NEED A TIMER unless you want to hook the machine up to a program/show and fire it through that, or you like to sit there with your finger on the button.

If you're in the market for a 700W machine, I would recommend the Spencer's fog machine that comes with a timer remote any day of the week with no hesitation.

It's $45, but comes with the timer (~$15 for a timer in my experience). You can catch them on sale in your local stores on occasion.

http://www.spencersonline.com/product/fog-machine-with-timer11/

I've owned 4 of these, and the machines themselves have never quit on me.

2 caveats:
Do not use the spencer's fog juice, it sucks, and can clog your machine. Get froggy's/some other high quality juice.
The timer remote is not compatible with the supposedly universal ones sold separately around Halloween. You can't replace them, so keep them out of the rain (learned the hard way one Halloween night)

Now, these are 700W machines. They are good for fogging a local area, a specific prop, etc. But, not likely going to do much in the way of atmosphere.

I will also point out, there is a considerable upgrade when you jump from 700W to 1000W machines. If you can swing one, and are looking to fog a decent sized area, get a 1000W. Then, if it's a really large area, a couple 700W's might actually do better than a single 1000W for the same price.

Decisions decisions...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts