Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can pull solenoids out of doorbells, cassette players, ice makers, golf ball put returns, etc. Gives me all sorts of ideas...muhahaha!!

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Someone has way too much time on their hands.Cool though
Hmmm,considering all the cool kookie things we create ,kinda the pot calling the kettle black......... LOL pretty cool though.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ops...Just want to clarify..I did not do this. I found it on Youtube. I'm always finding cool stuff out there.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
That solenoid concert was pretty neat!!
Kind of sounds like the drum intro to Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher".

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
Using a solenoid for a speaker...It's cool, but that's how real speakers work, as they are a kind of solenoid already.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I beat you guys to it :)

My first talking skull was solenoid driven

Excel Control
Awesome!! I knew this was possible.

I want to make a prop where Hands from the grave pop up (kind of like whac-a-mole) using solenoids..but always randomly different. Any ideas on how to make it happen?

Hey Phoenix any videos of the talking solenoid working?

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
I may have some vid, but this was several years back, it was driven using my own software (before I started using VSA) and it wasn't all that great so I didn't use it again.

Doing what you suggest is pretty easy using VSA and a relay board, it wont be random but if you write a long enough VSA routine then it wont be easy for the punters to spot that its cyclic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts