Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Groan......stop remaking movies!!

I think the Poltergeist movies are still untouched.....aren't they?

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,553 Posts
The Crow??? Really? The movie was made in 1994! So they're telling us that original ideas are so scarce in Hollywood that we're remaking movies that are only 15 years old? I mean, is it really necessary? I can see remaking a movie from the 40s, 50s, 60s, even the 70s.... but when you get into the 80s you're really pushing it.

Oh, and LHALLOW... thanks for jinxing Poltergeist. :p I'm sure that one will be ruined soon enough. I think that any movies that were made during an era with reasonable special affects like Poltergeist, and certainly The Crow should be left alone for at least 30 years. I liked the remake of House on Haunted Hill. The ending stunk, but I thought a remake was reasonable because special affects had improved drastically since the 1959 original. That's just my opinion though.

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Personally, I feel movies shouldn't be remade. There are some exceptions of course, like movies based off of books or comics where the original movies deviated from the original plot. Remakes that have a completely different feel also usually turn out well. Like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory......the remake was done in a way that let you appreciate both films in a completely different way.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,553 Posts
Well, I understand and appreciate the opinion that remakes are generally appalling, but I have to say that enjoyed the remakes of Ocean's Eleven, Gone in 60 Seconds, and the Nutty Professor more than the originals. I know some people would debate me on this, but you can't tell me whether or not I enjoyed one over the other. :p

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not totally against remakes, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

oh.....I think I HAVE read somewhere about a Poltergeist remake.......:(

There's a LOT coming up in the next few years.

And yes, when there is a remake of something from the last decade.....you can tell there are no fresh ideas happening

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
No, not 'The Crow', that movie is a modern classic, I own very few dvds that arent musical, I cant watch many movies more than a few times,' The Crow' is one that I never tire of watching. I was interviewed a fews years ago at the Halloween Parade in New York City by Fangoria TV about my opinion on' The Warriors ' remake (I was dressed as a Baseball Fury), I told her I think it sucks. That movie isnt gonna have any of the gangs as the New York Warriors movie did, its based outta Los Angeles. Sometimes its best leave classics alone. remember ' Planet of the Apes' remake? Nuff Said. Happy Friday the 13, hope ya alls dont gets your heads hacked off.

·
Presidential Canidate
7,274 Posts
I have read several books that I believe would make great movies....but is a gamble, and since Hollywood would rather make money than to go out on a limb, they just rehash stuff that made money before.
Makes me sick.....just say NO!!!, to remakes!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
For Pete's Sake, STOP REMAKING MOVIES. *yawn* The Crow doesn't need to be remade. If anything, re-do Twilight before it's too late!!!! It was okay, but it needs help and they did that one Exorcist movie a couple of times with the same leading man, so it's not like that hasn't been done. *end of rant* However, I was thinking Time After Time could do with a remake. ;)

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Oh no! It's gunna be ruined. That's such a good movie I don't see why it needs to be remade. I'm suprise polterghist hasn't been reamde. It's also a metter of time before they remake IT. Althought that movie would probaly even more creepy remade. *shudders*

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
GD - I hope they don't touch IT either! Tim Curry did an amazing job as the clown and the reason I still hate clowns to this day.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Oh no! It's gunna be ruined. That's such a good movie I don't see why it needs to be remade. I'm suprise polterghist hasn't been reamde. It's also a metter of time before they remake IT. Althought that movie would probaly even more creepy remade. *shudders*

Umm they actually are doing a remake of the Poltrigest.

IT is one movie they shouldent remake. It's prefect how it is. Plus the current age wouldent make it seem as spooky.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'm not that against remakes but, the older ones should be on the top of the list. What I like the best about the remakes is the graphics. I'm big on the sci-fi horror theme. So what they did with the star wars series and the new war of the worlds was nice. Personally, I would like to see some "quality" movies made if they are going to do one. I'm an Alien freak. I can't get enough. Then they put out avp and I just about puked. I've seen both and neither impressed me with the acting or special effects. The Crow was good for it's time. If they do it like the last Batman, then I'm all for it.

·
Mad Scientist at Large
656 Posts
Just think, maybe 10-15 years from now Hollywood will start making re-makes of re-makes. Re-re-makes, I suppose. I won't be the least bit surprised if they do.
On Rotting Flesh Radio last week Jonathan was saying how the Nightmare on Elm St. remake will depict Freddy Krueger not just as a child killer but as a pedophile as well. That, in my opinion, is just going too far.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
GD - I hope they don't touch IT either! Tim Curry did an amazing job as the clown and the reason I still hate clowns to this day.
Ick! i know what you mean. I dont think anyone else could re-do that roll. IT is one of the creepiest clown movies ever and will always destroy happy thought of the circus for children:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts