Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, another down and many more to go. This one was fairly quick and easy.

More pics at my 2009 Props Album and vids at my Photobucket.

Are you, too, a Propaholic??

·
Registered
99 Posts
I like that idea! I could have used that last year when I did a vampire theme. Everything looks very nice. Is it lit up or does it just hang on the wall?

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Hallow and very FUN Prop! I'm making one that is similar - but it says "In case of In-Laws. . . ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Very cool and it gave me some ideas for bottle aging as well! Woot love this forum!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
What's about a hand (or a foot), trapped one or two fingers (or toes) in a rat trap and a butchers knife sidewards in a glass case and the same sign "In case of emergency"?

Hmmm....

I 'm thinking of making such a prop next year (with a life-size figure grapping after the knife and shaking his trapped hand?!). Many thanks, you brought a new idea to me, you're inspiring!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Think can make a scene of it, man reaching out with his hand in a box, searching something, than trap closing, hand begins to shake, than what I wrote above - *wow* - there're coming many ideas in my mind, I think I've to reflect about it, let's see what'll happen.

Thx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peter

·
Registered
537 Posts
Great prop. I have got a simaler one that has been sitting unfinished on my table for about a year now. Think I might have to finish it now.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's about a hand (or a foot), trapped one or two fingers (or toes) in a rat trap and a butchers knife sidewards in a glass case and the same sign "In case of emergency"?

Hmmm....

I 'm thinking of making such a prop next year (with a life-size figure grapping after the knife and shaking his trapped hand?!). Many thanks, you brought a new idea to me, you're inspiring!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Think can make a scene of it, man reaching out with his hand in a box, searching something, than trap closing, hand begins to shake, than what I wrote above - *wow* - there're coming many ideas in my mind, I think I've to reflect about it, let's see what'll happen.

Thx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peter
Well, I did make this prop recently...it may be a painful reminder for you, Pete...

My "Butcher Block Finger Chop" prop (say that three times fast!!). I found this antique, very-used, Dexter meat cleaver (it must weigh over a pound!) at an antique store in Micanopy, FL and HAD to have it and I decided to use it in place of the long knife I originally used for this prop. I just threw this together and took a few minutes. It was a broken moving hand prop I had bought a couple of years ago. I took out the motor, put a couple of broken dowels pieces into the end along with some pieces of foam and latex window sealant, painted it to look more realistic, and put red hot glue on it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That butcher block hand is awesome! I love it and gives me ideas for next years haunt as I try to figure out a theme. Well done :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts